Kayla BBG starting 4/6

Options
hi!
For those of you who don't know, Kayla Itsines (my fitspiration) has 12 week workout guides which people all over the world follow. Tomorrow, everyone is starting day 1 of the twelve weeks, and I want to get a group of MFP users together for motivation. I need you! Let's do this together! Let me know if you're down and we will tear it up together!

Replies

• lilpdawg
    lilpdawg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow too!
  • Cayleyjones7
    Cayleyjones7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll join! :)
  • AlineJames
    AlineJames Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @lilpdawg and @discoveringhope awesome! Happy Monday - day 1 week one! It's 8am here in Philly, so I'm about to start my first workout, let me know how yours go.
  • chloe28rachelle497
    Options
    I'm starting 2.0 today! Let's go!
  • badasshoneybadger
    badasshoneybadger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also started today! Keep it up :-)
  • sarasteckel
    Options
    Starting on week 2 in about 15 minutes!! I'm not following her diet guide though, but the workouts are great! Can't wait to see your results(:
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Pre-training week 1 :)
  • lilpdawg
    Options
    Definitely gonna be feeling that workout tmw. I'm also not following her diet guide. I'm just keeping it simple and logging a deficit on MFP.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    can someone fill me on about this? what does it involve? thanks
  • lilpdawg
    Options
    The Bikini Body Guide is a combo of high intensity interval training, cardio, and stretching.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love this program! Just started Week 6 today
  • AlineJames
    Options
    Do you girls do your workouts at home? Or in the gym? I know you don't need much equipment, but I don't have what I need to do it at home :( I think I know what I need for my next birthday!
  • AlineJames
    Options
    Just started today! Pre-training week 1 :)

Hey @lycheenmango like lilpdawg said, Kayla's guides combine interval training, cardio and stretching. Kayla is a young Aussie trainer who has an awesome Instagram @kayla_itsines. She blogs and sells her workout and nutrition guides on her website kaylaitsines.com. Check her out and let us know what you think!
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @AlineJames Are you doing the first guide? I'm training for a 10K but I want my abs on fleek for a bachlorette party! I started yesterday with Week 1!
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do it at home - I still haven't found a substitute for the step-ups. I think using a chair on the second floor is quite annoying bc I have cheap furniture and is super wobbly. I was thinking of using my front stoop? I think buying a bench might be a bit much, no?

There were bosu balls on sale at my local Target for $80 but didn't get them at the time and now I regret it. I didn't know they retailed for about $100.
  • djschnall
    djschnall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Pretraining on 4/4 and with some modifications I have made it through 3 days of circuits. I am very proud of myself and hope I can continue. I'm 58 and overweight but determined to make some changes. I do BBG at home but go to the gym for aerobics and yoga. Looking forward to getting motivation from all of you youngsters!
  • AlineJames
    Options
    @itsmeGennie I am on the first guide - just finished the first arms workout! My legs still haven't recovered from leg day! I think your front step could be good - if you're comfortable doing it in the park or something, there are a lot of good benches and half-walls to check out.

@djschnall welcome!
  • greysa1
    greysa1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 :) Good luck girls!
  • stephy1989
    stephy1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I've just started again today... Catching up on the months I haven't done it! So leg day done!. Legs were like jelly and struggled through it! I do the workouts at home and for the step ups I use my boyfriends big esky.... But I know other girls that use an old coffee table or a chair in the park is perfect!! I'm planning to do the workouts as well as extra running/walking because I need to get my butt in to gear/pants! Lel