HEALTHY snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've gotten alot of replys to veggies and hummus.

I always thought I wouldn't like it, I'll have to give it a try.Thanks everyone
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Home made hummus is world's above the commercial. Make sure the first taste is worth it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It always surprises me when people say they haven't tried hummus. Maybe depends on where you live?
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree with popcorn, and pretzels and Wheat Thins crackers are also good with hummus. You could melt a few bittersweet dark chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, then dip slices of apple in the chocolate and roll the dipped end in oatmeal or chopped nuts. Simple can be good, too. I love cheese toast, and it is super easy. Sometimes I do a mini meal, such as a half roast beef sandwich with a half cup (or cup, depending on your calorie goals) of fruit like melon or pineapple. Depending on where you are snacking, you could just do a bowl of cereal with nuts and fruit or scrambled eggs and toast. Don't let the time of day affect what you eat. If you want a slice of leftover pizza or a sandwich for breakfast, then eat it. So in that sense, snacks don't always have to be "typical" snack foods. Sometimes my snack is a taco salad or nachos with black eyed peas or beans on them. If you are snacking at work and have access to a microwave or fridge, you can still make yummy things if you plan ahead and do all your measuring and counting beforehand.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hummus for me too! Make sure you get a flavored kind though. I like garlic or roasted veggie.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like low fat mozzarella cheese, baby carrots, mini sweet peppers, apples, halos, yogurt, pb mixed into vanilla yogurt is a great dip for apples, I love green chile so I like to take 4 saltine crackers a slice of swiss cheese divided among crackers a little bit of ham sandwich meat and green chile, Dill pickles, cashews, tortilla chips and salsa, pretzels, sandwich meat, cheese and crackers, celery and low fat cream cheese, salads, tomato salads with cheese.
  • fittogether
    fittogether Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do apple slices and penut butter.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Today I had an ounce of cream cheese with a serving of almond rice crackers. Oh so yum!
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    It always surprises me when people say they haven't tried hummus. Maybe depends on where you live?
    I know Iknow I just never really wanted to try it. Until today :)
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    I do apple slices and penut butter.
    I do love this snack