Help

Options
I've only had this app for 2 days and both days I've exceeded the calories allotted. I need some motivation because I'm overweight and need all the support I can get to not give up!!

Any suggestions ??

Replies

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Its really just about making yourself stick to it. It isn't going to be easy to decrease your calories when you are used to eating so much more, but it does get easier over time. Try eating lower cal foods that will keep you full longer and you can eat much more of within your calorie range. For example, you could eat pizza for one meal and basically use up all of your calories for the whole day or you could eat quite a bit of salad, chicken breast, and rice for 500 cal or so. Fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc are going to give you the best bang for your caloric buck. If you are still having trouble even eating these types of foods then try lowering your calories little by little to help you get used to eating the amount of calories you need to.
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Weigh your foods, and just keep at it. It takes some time to get used to tracking. What works for me is low cal breakfast, a sausage or egg with coffee. Lunch I do raw carrots, broccoli and cauliflower mix with a little bit of dressing. For dinner, I like to log it in before I eat so that I can adjust the amounts if needed before I eat. I like to leave some calories for a snack. Going for a walk will burn extra calories so I can eat a little more if I want. I certainly do better on weeks when I hit most of the daily goals, but weekends are hard and I can still have weight lost for the week when I am over on some days. Keep at it, you will get there!
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE! I cannot stay within my calorie goals unless I get my workouts in. Those extra calories I "earn" back are what keep me from going over. It comes down to making a decision. If you do nothing, in a year from now, you're going to look the same as you do now or, more likely, heavier. How do you think you'll look if you stick with this? You've got this!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've only had this app for 2 days and both days I've exceeded the calories allotted. I need some motivation because I'm overweight and need all the support I can get to not give up!!

Any suggestions ??

Only you can provide motivation for yourself, no one else. Once you take full responsibility for that, it'll get easier. You basically have to learn to see the bigger picture and how much of that bigger picture you want to occupy. Do you want to be happier with yourself? If yes, that's your motivation once you truly want it enough.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Definitely exercise to make up for going over!

But also, I don't think anyone really told me this before I started - I had to kind of suck it up the first few days and just feel a little hungry. I was still eating plenty of food for a normal person after starting MFP, but my OLD self ate so much that my stomach had to get used to a new routine. It may be rough the first few days, but just know it really does get easier and then you'll wonder how you ever ate so much food before. You've got this!
  • lesliepetsitter
    Options

Any suggestions ??

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!