Best Supplement- CLA/Raspberry Ketones/Green Coffee Bean??

Options
2»

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    sdfrcf wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, i know with supplements theirs no magic pill. I just thought one of these supplements would be of a little extra help,

The thing is i know to tone up more, i need to lift heavy- but i don't have access to a gym and i don't want to buy heavy weights either. I have 3 and 8 pounds weights
    This month i decided to give Jillian Michael s ripped in 30 and 30day shred a try, bc she incorporates weights with some cardio- i read you shouldn't do much cardio if you are trying to tone up. Plus my issue is toning. So, we shall see if that helps. I really eat healthy, 90% of the week i make my own food and focus on clean eating, i eat a few healthy low processed protein bars, and i eat out one meal a week.I exercise every day with one rest day. And, I put in so much work, but for 2 years, my thighs do not look anymore toned.

The frustrating thing is im short and i don't weigh much, but all my weights in my hips and I'm young, so i dont see why i gotta kill myself lifting heavy to see results. For body recomp thats all i see online

What exactly is toning up? Who said not to do cardiovascular while toning up?

toning up=== getting rid of the jiggle

So it means nothing. Okay thanks.

You know exactly what it means. "Skinny fat" people need to tone up

Still doesn't explain what toning up is.

I don't recall the OP saying she is skinny fat.

Someone steal your bowl of Count Chocula this morning? Anyone who has been around here for awhile, which your 15k posts would suggest you have, knows what it means.

I think OP means this. It's cheap and effective for toning up.

2p3arhsfa6e6.jpg
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Look here for what you can do bodyweight training as well as some resources. You don't need a gym for progressive strength training.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    There is no pill that will do the exercise for you.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of exercises you can do at home with body weight, including a vigorous vinyasa or power yoga practice. I'd check YouTube for free workouts.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Weights from things at home...
    gallon jugs of water = 8 lb
    bag of flour = 5 lb (or even 10 - 25 lb, depending)
    bag of kitty litter = 40 lb or more
    Get a bag of sand or concrete from the home improvement store = 50 lb

Try this: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Ignore the ads & supplements, just learn the basics of how to lose fat.

And here's an article about a body weight workout. It links to the ACSM published research/article.
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com//2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    sdfrcf wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, i know with supplements theirs no magic pill. I just thought one of these supplements would be of a little extra help,

The thing is i know to tone up more, i need to lift heavy- but i don't have access to a gym and i don't want to buy heavy weights either. I have 3 and 8 pounds weights
    This month i decided to give Jillian Michael s ripped in 30 and 30day shred a try, bc she incorporates weights with some cardio- i read you shouldn't do much cardio if you are trying to tone up. Plus my issue is toning. So, we shall see if that helps. I really eat healthy, 90% of the week i make my own food and focus on clean eating, i eat a few healthy low processed protein bars, and i eat out one meal a week.I exercise every day with one rest day. And, I put in so much work, but for 2 years, my thighs do not look anymore toned.

The frustrating thing is im short and i don't weigh much, but all my weights in my hips and I'm young, so i dont see why i gotta kill myself lifting heavy to see results. For body recomp thats all i see online

Someone steal your bowl of Count Chocula this morning? Anyone who has been around here for awhile, which your 15k posts would suggest you have, knows what it means.

It's called Baiting....

• Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I know everyone’s against it but the green coffee bean got me out of a horrid infuriating 4 month plateau :|
  • surfergal9988
    surfergal9988 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    well thanks all for your input.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    So, i eat healthy and exercise often, but can't seem to get rid of my body fat.

Then you're eating too much, and no supplement can overcome that.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    There are exactly 2 reasons you are not losing weight. 1. You are eating too much. 2. You are exercising too little. No known magic pills will help.
  • surfergal9988
    Options
    Its not always that simple i dont think. Everybody is different and people hit plateaus.
    I always eat btw 1200 to 1500 a day- and 90% of that is unprocessed.
    I exercise ALOT!
    I have been changing it up every month since Feb. Dec and Jan i wasn't good with my regular routine, and ate really bad during the holidays but oddly enough didnt gain weight.

Like this month I do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 in the morning, and 30 Day Shred at Night, and then i add in other videos during the week.

I think it maybe a prob of overexercising, and underrating on the days i exercise a lot.
    But, i dont ever go below 1,200.
    But, Im giving myself one day of rest.

on easter weekend- i had soooooooo much sugar- between a Cadbury Egg and Peeps, which i only have at Easter- and i hadn't had that much of a sugary pure chocolate since the holidays, and the next day the scale finally moved down by a pound lol.
    But, i know with wanting to tone- losing weight isn't the issue.

I asked the question about supplements, because with all that Im doing im not seeing the results yet. So, i figured with one of these supplements it might help me with my plateau thats all.

Like CLA on Amazon CLA Nature Wise has over 2,000 reviews and so many of them great. I know people say its bogus, and you know that is probably true. But, i figure trying it for 1 month won't hurt my body and i can test it out. I never took supplements before, so i feel like it won't be harmful.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you do take the CLA can you come back in a month and let us know the results?
    But you can't reduce your calories or up/change your exercise in that time because this will skew the results...
  • surfergal9988
    Options
    Yes! If i do take them i will def let everyone know if they worked or not:)
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

vocabularies may help to break language barriers:
    http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/tone+up
  • mhanispeedy
    mhanispeedy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Haha bodybuilders will eat anything you put in front of them :-)