Ideal Protein calories

Options
So as I'm logging my food consumption in my fitness pal diary, it says I'm under the required calories for safe weight loss by nearly 300 calories for the last three days. However, I have consumed all requirements on the IP protocol. Do you think I should eat another IP product to make up for that?

Replies

• jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is the IP protocol?
  • rachel_post
    rachel_post Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ideal Protein
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    eat eggs, dairy, meat, fish for protein. Dont waste your money on a protein products. Get it the yummy way, through food.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Consume .8g per lb of body weight of protein. No point eating more of it, it taxes your money, kidneys and digestive system.
  • sknicolaou
    sknicolaou Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    eat eggs, dairy, meat, fish for protein. Dont waste your money on a protein products. Get it the yummy way, through food.

Here here..
  • busybee233
    busybee233 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on IP off and on for two years. You typically only consume between 700 to 900 calories, however when you are in your state of ketosis your body is eating up to 3000 calories in your fat stores.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your calories will be lower on the IP diet (probably why it's doctor monitored). There is a forum here for Ideal Protein you should search for - in the main forums you're going to have nothing but ignorant comments from people who think they know better even though they don't know what the program is.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your calories will be lower on the IP diet (probably why it's doctor monitored). There is a forum here for Ideal Protein you should search for - in the main forums you're going to have nothing but ignorant comments from people who think they know better even though they don't know what the program is.

Perfect, then her doctor should be answering this question.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Do you really need to comment on _every_single_post_ It's people like you that piss off new people and drive them away.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    my co-worker lost 45 lbs on it and then when she switched to maintenance phase...she has regained 8 lbs in about 10 weeks. what did it teach her about eating? nothing. what a waste of money, time and lean mass!! She did it for about 14 months and now she's trying to stop gaining. She told me a few weeks ago she thinks she needs to count calories.
  • rachel_post
    Options
    Jeez...it's this kind of thing that makes me uncomfortable to share in a public forum. There is a polite way to respond to a simple question. Lesson learned here? Don't post anything without expecting someone to force their opinions on you or make you feel minuscule for the plan you're choosing to follow. It's much like religion or politics in that way---don't force your beliefs into others or shame someone into feeling something! I'm not an idiot and I don't jump into something regarding my own health without researching it at length and talking to my family care physician. I posted the question here in hopes of getting supportive answers....not this.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Rachel Please don't let other people put you off of posting on here. Remember they aren't your friends or family, just strangers on the internet.
    Having said that, once you've been here for a while you will make some pretty good interweb friends.
    Just learn to NOT take things personally, let it roll off your back.

Yes, people here can be very blunt and sometimes come across as rude or condescending, BUT you will always get truthful and honest advice, not sugarcoated pat on the back stuff. Personally id prefer to to get the blunt and honest truth, whether i like it or not :smiley::flowerforyou:
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    Options
    hey, I was just sharing the experience of my co-worker on IP. she also did it 5 years ago and gained everything and more back. I myself have done 2 protein products plans (thin evolution and another one so long ago I don't remember the name of it) and both times I failed.

now I am losing by counting calories and being able to eat chocolate and ice cream every day at a rate of a smidgen over 0.5 lb per week. I'm happy with this loss as I have been maintaining my lean mass.

just offering 2 experiences. but hey, maybe it will work for you. best of luck to you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you really need to comment on _every_single_post_ It's people like you that piss off new people and drive them away.

Regardless, of your opinion, MFP does not promote VLCD and if it is doctor monitored, he/she is the one that should be advising her, not random strangers on the internet.
  • rachel_post
    Options
    Oh believe me, I don't typically sugar coat things either! So I wouldn't expect someone to do so for me. It's not that part that pushes me away. Nonetheless I'll definitely dial it back a bit from here. I'm trying to feel good about my healthy changes and feel I'm being smart about it. Was just looking for support.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    Options
    So as I'm logging my food consumption in my fitness pal diary, it says I'm under the required calories for safe weight loss by nearly 300 calories for the last three days. However, I have consumed all requirements on the IP protocol. Do you think I should eat another IP product to make up for that?

this should tell you something - unsafe weight loss