Garmin Vivofit

Options
Hi. does any one have a garmin vivofit. I just cannot get mine to sync to MFP the way my fitbit did. I want it to show in exercise so I don't need to log my exercise etc. My fitbit worked wonderfully this way but I am not having any luck with my garmin. Is this possible? It looks like you should be able to but its not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't have a vivo but I do use a foreruuner 220. They connect the same way through garmin cinnect. In MFP app you click on more then apps and device. Click om garmin connect and you see a button that says connect. I think you then have to put in your garmin connect log in info. I am not sure if you also need the garmin connect app on your phone. I have it since that is where I track my runs. You do have to sign up on garmin connect and link your vivo to your connect profile if you haven't already.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit and it syncs with MFP without an issue. Make sure you have the link set up in Garmin Connect. When you sync with Garmin Connect there is a little round arrow in the upper right hand corner of each widget. Tap the one for activities and it dumps the calories and activity over. I will say that even when I rename the activity and tell it that it is something other than walking/running, it comes over to MFP as walking/running. I don't sweat it because the calories are correct.

Every once in a while Garmin Connect/MFP gets a bit buggy. It usually works itself out in a day or two. I think Garmin Connect was having issues for the past two days, as sync times were longer, but it seems to be fixed now.