It's not about weight loss

Options
It is about losing toxic fat and gaining lean muscle! Using all the right tools to do so makes this much easier! I've gained 3 of muscle in 3 weeks and I'm so excited to see how many inches I've lost and see how much my BMI has decreased! ANW HERE I COME

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Toxic fat?

Congrats on your loss but not sure how you decide which fat is toxic or not.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    not to mention 3 lbs of muscle in 3 weeks is almost impossible for a woman or for a lot of men for that matter.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Fat is not toxic; it's essential.
    All muscle is lean.
    3 lb won't have much effect on your BMI unless you're fairly short, and if you've gained 3 lb it won't be decreasing.

Highly doubt you've gained 1 lb of muscle per week. Most women (normal, natural women with normal hormones)
    will gain at most 1 lb per month if they're training hard and eating at a slight calorie surplus.
    If you're eating at a deficit, it's unlikely you've gained any muscle. Since you have so little to lose, you'll also be losing
    weight very slowly.
    If you were to eat at maintenance or a slight (250) surplus, with lots of protein, AND train very hard at weightlifting,
    you might gain 1 lb per month.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html/

Here's a body fat calculator. Plug in your measurements before & after.
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

And this might be helpful:
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html

And this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

And yes, for many people it is about weight loss. Once a person gets to a healthy weight, they can worry more about
    fine-tuning their body fat percentage.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    3 of muscle in 3 weeks ? How did you do that ?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Also curious as to how this was figured out as well.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

A loss of 3 pounds of toxic fat must equate to 3 pounds of gainz. Jeeze, DYELB?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

A loss of 3 pounds of toxic fat must equate to 3 pounds of gainz. Jeeze, DYELB?

:laugh:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Toxic fat? Gaining 3 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks?
    v3d5ftn7uvvt.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you gained 3lbs of muscle (unlikely) your BMI won't have gone down unless you lost more than 3lbs in "toxic fat" also. And just... yeah. I admire your enthusiasn but see above.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    not to mention 3 lbs of muscle in 3 weeks is almost impossible for a woman or for a lot of men for that matter.

No it IS impossible if you are in a caloric deficit even with steroids, GH, insulin and every other drug you can throw in.

OP don't confuse LMB with muscle. Water counts as LMB and often causes weight gains or sticking points. If you aren't doing a very intensive, heavy lifting program you aren't gaining much muscle even if you are in a caloric surplus much less a deficit.
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than having your enthusiasm beaten with a semantic stick. Let a girl feel good for a minute; keep your toxic comments to yourself.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    whimsy38 wrote: »
    There is nothing more motivating than having your enthusiasm beaten with a semantic stick. Let a girl feel good for a minute; keep your toxic comments to yourself.

While the OP may be a bit deflated, this forum is visited by hundreds of people a day looking for information. It's best that the information they find is as accurate as possible.
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A bit deflated? People are very sensitive about their weight. There is a difference between self righteous snarkiness and good balanced correction. There are examples of both in this thread.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It is about losing toxic fat and gaining lean muscle! Using all the right tools to do so makes this much easier! I've gained 3 of muscle in 3 weeks and I'm so excited to see how many inches I've lost and see how much my BMI has decreased! ANW HERE I COME

:noway:
  • Xenius101
    Xenius101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing the fat.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Toxic Fat the keto crowd will love that in their coffee ;)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    pcrucifer wrote: »
    A bit deflated? People are very sensitive about their weight. There is a difference between self righteous snarkiness and good balanced correction. There are examples of both in this thread.

+1

It would be easier to go with the sarcasm posts.. I will stay neutral..
  • GypsyByTheSea
    GypsyByTheSea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Say what?

Fred-Armisen-Confuse-Face-Californians.gif
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    pcrucifer wrote: »

Also good examples of a lack of a sense of humour
  • Putrevus
    Putrevus Posts: 10 Member
    Options

No it IS impossible if you are in a caloric deficit even with steroids, GH, insulin and every other drug you can throw in.

OP don't confuse LMB with muscle. Water counts as LMB and often causes weight gains or sticking points. If you aren't doing a very intensive, heavy lifting program you aren't gaining much muscle even if you are in a caloric surplus much less a deficit.

what is LMB?