Is DailyBurn worth it?

Options
Hi! I'm just curious about a couple of things. Does anyone here on MyFitnessPal use DailyBurn, and if so, is it worth it? I thought about signing up for a membership because I would much rather exercise at home than going to the gym. I'm very self-conscious about going to a gym, and walking around where I live, I feel like people are staring at me. However, I'm not sure if the $13 a month would be worth it. So I'm asking you guys - is it worth it? Thanks!
Lydia

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Daily Burn, but The BrFit channel and YouTube and FitnessBlender.com both have loads of free workouts.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Hmm with all the free and really good workouts on youtube, you might do better using YouTube first. FitnessBlender is really good, I do their videos about 4 times a week.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Not at all, YouTube and fitness blender are all you need for online fitness.
  • klynshoe
    klynshoe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use DailyBurn and love it. I think it's worth the cost mostly because it's much less than going to the gym, plus I can play it on my phone anywhere so I use it at the park a lot. However, there's not a huge selection and it can be difficult to choose workouts b/c it wants to assign a 'program' to you which doesn't suit my needs. Take advantage of the free-trial period.

I'm considering switching to Beachbody on Demand so I can get access to more trainers/workout like P90x, Insanity, Turbofire, etc. It's $3/week so a little more than DailyBurn.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I second BeFit and Fitness Blender on YouTube, also check out BodyRock. I believe Daily Burn has a 30 day free trial. Do the free trial, along with the free You Tube offerings and see what you like best. If it fits your needs, then its worth it.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I just got beach body on demand and love it. Never used daily burn so can't comment.. I think I will use it more compared to if I got free workouts online.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    klynshoe wrote: »
    I use DailyBurn and love it. I think it's worth the cost mostly because it's much less than going to the gym, plus I can play it on my phone anywhere so I use it at the park a lot. However, there's not a huge selection and it can be difficult to choose workouts b/c it wants to assign a 'program' to you which doesn't suit my needs. Take advantage of the free-trial period.

I'm considering switching to Beachbody on Demand so I can get access to more trainers/workout like P90x, Insanity, Turbofire, etc. It's $3/week so a little more than DailyBurn.

I love the idea of Beachbody on Demand!! But, I just read the fine print and I don't love the idea of having to deal with their pushy customer service to cancel:

"FREE 30-day trial. After 30 days pay just $2.99 a week, billed $38.87 quarterly in advance to your credit card. No obligations—cancel anytime to avoid future charges by calling our friendly Customer Service."

:/
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I didn't see or read that message but I didn't get a free trial. I only got the email after I paid for it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    mdcoug wrote: »
    klynshoe wrote: »

I love the idea of Beachbody on Demand!! But, I just read the fine print and I don't love the idea of having to deal with their pushy customer service to cancel:

"FREE 30-day trial. After 30 days pay just $2.99 a week, billed $38.87 quarterly in advance to your credit card. No obligations—cancel anytime to avoid future charges by calling our friendly Customer Service."

:/

Let's just hope their customer service isn't as "friendly" as Comcast.
  • AKM0282
    AKM0282 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like daily burn. I have a roku so I get to watch it right on my tv. It's easier than searching for a video on YouTube (for ME). I personally think it's worth the price.
  • lil_piece
    lil_piece Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, you'll spend way more time searching YT for a suitable workout instead of working out. Try the free app Sworkit available on all platforms. http://sworkit.com/

It's sooooo simple. Enter your workout duration (from 5 - 60 minutes), and type of workout (strength/cardio/yoga/stretching).