Looking for advice...been working out and eating healthy gor months but no weight loss :(

Options
So i have been working out and eating healthy for the past 3 months but can't seem to lose the weight. Its pretty frustrating, just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem and what they did different to start shedding the pounds

Replies

• kerryl428
    kerryl428 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's all about burning more calories than you eat. If that's done, your body has no choice but to lose weight. Are you keeping track of your calories as well as ingredients? The myfitnesspal app is great because it tells you what a lot of labels won't. I've had to cut out so many "healthy" foods because they were sneaking in tons of the wrong ingredients and hidden calories, etc.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The first place to look is almost always on the food side of things. You have you've been "eating healthy" but that means a lot of different things to different people. Have you been tracking your food? Are you staying within your calorie goals? Are you including everything, including things like cooking oils, veggies, cheat meals, condiments, etc?

How are you measuring your food? A food scale is the usually most accurate, but anything is better than eyeballing portion sizes.

Are you eating back any of your earned exercise calories? If so, it might be time to eat fewer of those.

Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us to see more details? It really can help.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Try using MyFitnessPal to log all of your food and really see how many calories you are eating. When people say they are "eating healthy" sometimes that still means a lot of calorie dense foods. As @kerrylofton said, it is calories in, calories out. Burn more than you eat.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It's all about burning more calories than you eat. If that's done, your body has no choice but to lose weight. Are you keeping track of your calories as well as ingredients? The myfitnesspal app is great because it tells you what a lot of labels won't. I've had to cut out so many "healthy" foods because they were sneaking in tons of the wrong ingredients and hidden calories, etc.

Hidden calories? Wrong ingredients? What are you talking about?

OP do you use a food scale? Making your diary public would help us give you a better response.
  • Wickedshott
    Options
    What's kinds of food r u eating? N what physical activity are you doing?
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    OP, it may be frustrating but the simple answer is that you are eating too much of foods that are providing too many calories. In order to ensure I have the appropriate amount of weight loss, I set my activity level at the lowest setting to start off with and then set my weight loss at the most aggressive and then adjust up from there each week until I'm at my appropriate settings. You have to be accurate in what you log and put in your body. Don't just eyeball what your portions are and cook your own meals so you know exactly what you're getting.
  • kerryl428
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

OP do you use a food scale? Making your diary public would help us give you a better response.

For example, I was making smoothies every morning with all fruit, no added sugar, fruit juices etc. i thought I was doing good because I was having fruit but I barely saw results because every day before I even hit lunch I was already near my daily goal of sugar because of the fruit. Cut the smoothies out and have been seeing steady results ever since. Just one of many trials and errors I went through finding a healthy pace. We all know that labels on food can be deceitful and so many people are eating "whole wheat bread" just as an example thinking it's good for them and although it's not terrible but it's still not great for you. Do your research I'm not saying anything crazy
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Do you feel any better or thinner? Weight can be a tricky way to view a goal. You can build muscle while losing fat but the scale will show that you put on weight.
  • yopeeps025
    edited April 2015
    Options

For example, I was making smoothies every morning with all fruit, no added sugar, fruit juices etc. i thought I was doing good because I was having fruit but I barely saw results because every day before I even hit lunch I was already near my daily goal of sugar because of the fruit. Cut the smoothies out and have been seeing steady results ever since. Just one of many trials and errors I went through finding a healthy pace. We all know that labels on food can be deceitful and so many people are eating "whole wheat bread" just as an example thinking it's good for them and although it's not terrible but it's still not great for you. Do your research I'm not saying anything crazy

So high sugar took over CI<CO. You sure you don't have a medical issue. Is it not common knowledge that labels are not 100% correct. What wrong with bread?

She said eating healthy. What does that mean?
    She been working out. What workouts is she doing?
    IS she in a calorie deficit with using a food scale if she does? This is the key question.
  • Dietcise
    Dietcise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It will happen just hang in there! Muscle does weigh more than fat, right? Be sure you have a good mix of cardio, strength training, and an appropriate diet.....it takes all three. You got this girl!!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Dietcise wrote: »
    It will happen just hang in there! Muscle does weigh more than fat, right? Be sure you have a good mix of cardio, strength training, and an appropriate diet.....it takes all three. You got this girl!!

Wrong only a calorie deficit is needed for weight loss. The other two are for other benefits.

• kerryl428
    Options
    @yopeeps025 I'm losing weight perfectly fine over and I'm in perfect health. I'm not saying smoothies were the only reason I didn't see results but just as everybody else is saying, many people who are new to healthy eating think that some stuff is healthy and it's really not. It was a bunch of things that I had to learn about food but this is not about me which you are clearly trying to make it. I simply offered her advice on what worked for me. When I started tracking my calories and seeing what was truly in a lot of the foods we buy at the store I was able to adjust and do what works for me. She can't eat exactly what I eat or you eat or anybody else. She has to find what works for, I'm just trying to make sure she has the tools necessary to be successful whatever route she takes
  • stephqu2
    stephqu2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also tons of foods have hidden sugar and it's far worse than fat. No tomatoes, or hardly any. Look for no sugar or very low sugar. Fill up on cucumbers, turkey sausage links no more than three a day. Egg beaters, etc
  • stephqu2
    stephqu2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also I work out allot and was exercing way more than my food intake so my body was storing the food. It's a balance
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    @yopeeps025 I'm losing weight perfectly fine over and I'm in perfect health. I'm not saying smoothies were the only reason I didn't see results but just as everybody else is saying, many people who are new to healthy eating think that some stuff is healthy and it's really not. It was a bunch of things that I had to learn about food but this is not about me which you are clearly trying to make it. I simply offered her advice on what worked for me. When I started tracking my calories and seeing what was truly in a lot of the foods we buy at the store I was able to adjust and do what works for me. She can't eat exactly what I eat or you eat or anybody else. She has to find what works for, I'm just trying to make sure she has the tools necessary to be successful whatever route she takes

I have ask OP questions in almost everyone of my response but I'm trying to make this thread about you. You made examples that made no sense and I call you out on it. It didn't make sense that you said CICO then said (bold)

Was I wrong to interpret that you thought high sugar was the problem and that CICO didn't work?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    nwa2e0jqsl27.jpg