April 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    ...I would have gone longer but my boss called me needing something and knew I was out for a run (oops). That was at mile 4 and I probably should have just turned around and headed home then. Oh well ;) I keep telling myself I need to stop doing this running longer than planned thing, doesn't seem to help. Is there such thing as Runners Anonymous? Hi - my name is Shana and I am addicted to running... :smiley:

I have been trying to train my work peeps and my home peeps for years: I am a better, nicer, friendlier and more productive person when I run. They all seem to get it now. If we could just switch the hours around so that 7.5 is running and 1.0 is working, all will be well. ;)

LOL I used to work 7:30 to 4:30 with an hour lunch, now with running I work 8:30 - 4:30 with no lunch! My boss said he could tell when my runs were getting longer because I started to come in later and later. I finally said should I change my hours to 8:30, she said you do whatever you want it's all good with me. Hey work, stop interfering in my personal life.

I'll add to that - personal life (aka family), stop guilting me to stop running! LOL ... It's all about the run and yet, sadly, isn't ...
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    csman49 wrote: »
    April
    6th - 5km
    7th - 5.5km

exercise.png

That was hard and i walked half of it. Too much foot pain due to corns on the ball/outside edge of the feet.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    ...I would have gone longer but my boss called me needing something and knew I was out for a run (oops). That was at mile 4 and I probably should have just turned around and headed home then. Oh well ;) I keep telling myself I need to stop doing this running longer than planned thing, doesn't seem to help. Is there such thing as Runners Anonymous? Hi - my name is Shana and I am addicted to running... :smiley:

I have been trying to train my work peeps and my home peeps for years: I am a better, nicer, friendlier and more productive person when I run. They all seem to get it now. If we could just switch the hours around so that 7.5 is running and 1.0 is working, all will be well. ;)

LOL I used to work 7:30 to 4:30 with an hour lunch, now with running I work 8:30 - 4:30 with no lunch! My boss said he could tell when my runs were getting longer because I started to come in later and later. I finally said should I change my hours to 8:30, she said you do whatever you want it's all good with me. Hey work, stop interfering in my personal life.

Are there any positions available? Sounds good to me!
  • teacton11
    teacton11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 6 Mi recovery
    4/2 - 7 Mi steady state
    4/3 - 4 Mi easy double stroller
    4/4 - 22 Mi long balls
    4/5 - no run; time with the J man
    4/6 - 7 Mi easy
    4/7 - 10 Mi steady state

56/200 total

exercise.png
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @CodeMonkey78 - Love that you got in a run with your daughter! Those are the best!! Also love your profile picture!

Thanks Shana! My daughter told me that she "wanted to race with daddy", so I am teaching her to run. Slow interval running with her is like earning a new PR everyday! :smiley:
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    DATE ... MILES ... TOTAL
    4/1 ... 8 ... 8
    4/2 ... 6 ... 14
    4/4 ... 23 ... 37
    4/6 ... 6.25 ... 43.25
    4/7 ... 6 ... 49.25

49.25/150 Goal.

Hilly run in the pouring rain this morning! Can't complain though. We desperately need rain here in CA!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @CodeMonkey78 - Love that you got in a run with your daughter! Those are the best!! Also love your profile picture!

Thanks Shana! My daughter told me that she "wanted to race with daddy", so I am teaching her to run. Slow interval running with her is like earning a new PR everyday! :smiley:

I love this! My oldest girl (5 years old) likes to run with me sometimes. We'll go for .5-1 mile with walking breaks. She only has one speed though - sprinting! I keep telling her that she can go further if she slows down a bit. She claims that isn't as much fun.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @codemonkey78 that is so awesome. I love that Skip runs with me (most of the time). It's such a special time to bond with them.

She just told me she wants to run the Disney Princess Half next year.

@elise4270 my boss is retiring in May and it's just killing me. I worked with him for almost 8 years and he has just been the best. Totally gets I'm a single Mom, he never bats and eye when I leave early for XC meets/soccer/track/choir or anything else with her. Financially he's made sure the company has taken care of me. He's like a big brother when it comes to my personal life. He and his wife plan to leave the area which upsets me even more, because we will miss them both so much.

@4leighbee I'm lucky that neither Skip or the significant other say a word about running. Allen is overseas for a year and is coming home Memorial Day, Skip and I are running a 10K that day. He was like no big deal I'll take a cab down to where the race is and meet up with you both. Most people would have been like "what? you won't be at the airport? I've been gone 6 months". Turns out his flight is coming in around 10:30 so we can run and go to the airport, we might smell but we'll be there when he gets off the plane.

@briebee7 since Skip runs cross country she loves to do things like run backwards when she's running with me and hop like a bunny. Okay I don't run a 21 min 5K smarty pants! She says the same thing as your daughter so she goes "Momma this is really slow, you do know that right?".
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a forced rest from running as my ankle was feeling a bit tweeked. Did 6.19miles today tho! This challenge was perfect timing for me to start upping my mileage and forcing me to go farther. I often wonder during a longer run who has invaded my body and is doing this running thing!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

4/1 = 3.50 miles
    4/5 = 5.54 miles
    4/7 = 6.24 miles
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm in! starting back running, in for 25 miles. Will start walk/run.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    4/1: 5 miles
    4/2: 7 miles
    4/3: 4.2 miles
    4/4: REST!
    4/5: 18 miles
    4/6: 4 miles
    4/7: XT rowing and biking

Current total: 38.2 miles

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    4/1: 5 miles
    4/2: 7 miles
    4/3: 4.2 miles
    4/4: REST!
    4/5: 18 miles
    4/6: 4 miles
    4/7: XT rowing and biking

Current total: 38.2 miles

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I hallucinate occasionally when I run on the treadmill ... the political candidates (doesn't matter which ones) were talking and waving to cameras on the TV to my left (which I never watch), and in my peripheral vision, I saw Punch and Judy puppets. Yep. Can't make this stuff up.

:smile: Nice run, steady pace ...

exercise.png
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @codemonkey78 that is so awesome. I love that Skip runs with me (most of the time). It's such a special time to bond with them.

She just told me she wants to run the Disney Princess Half next year.

@skippygirlsmom -- Yes it is :smile:

The Disney Half sounds like so much fun! I hope that you can both make it and run it together.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm in! starting back running, in for 25 miles. Will start walk/run.

Happy to see you!!! Feel better so you can get started.

• akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jumping in a little late but it's exam month and I'm gonna need this

Gonna leave this here...

exercise.png

Was kinda disappointed with the under-representation of cat tickers.

:+1:
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @stoshew71 way to go on the marathon! I can only dream of being that fast!
    @4leighbee I hate the mom /family guilt! My husband is fairly supportive, but when I am sometimes gone running for twoish hours on a Saturday, I can tell it bugs him... and I feel guilty leaving my son for that long, too! I bring him on most of my shorter runs, but it's really nice ditching the stroller for the long ones.

4/1 = rest
    4/2 = 5.32 miles
    4/3 = rest
    4/4 = 8.51 miles
    4/5 = 2.33 miles
    4/6 = rest (walked)
    4/7 = 6.11 miles

exercise.png

Ran with the Bob today and it was uh-mazing. Seriously such a huge difference. I can push it uphill with very little effort. Only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner!
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    April 1: 4.14
    April 2: 5.01
    April 3: nada nada mermalada
    April 4: 6.12
    April 5: 3.29
    April 6: 5.26
    April 7: 1.5 & Pump

exercise.png