johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    April 1 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    April 2 - 3.1 miles (5k)

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @dawnna76 - I am sorry about your injury. That is one I don't know a stretch for other than the standard side lunge type stretch. You might try searching on runnersworld.com - they typically have some good videos/descriptions of stretches and remedies.
    @cooter_mom - we have definitely spoiled you for the treadmill :) buahahahaha!
    @teacton11 - was the beer part of the run or a separate measurable activity afterwards? Hmmm... this could be an interesting new challenge :) also I love your profile picture!
    @akirkman86 - the BOB stroller seems to be what everyone prefers. Let us know how it works for you!
    @beccajayn - what is RAD?

Finally actually getting some cooler springlike weather going into the weekend and next week here. I am looking forward to an awesome weekend of running!
  • sherrynmh
    sherrynmh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will aim for 100 miles fast walking, training for a half in June B)
  • Beccajayn
    Beccajayn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Basically the same as asthma. Just takes a lot of tests to diagnose asthma. It's easier for the doctor to say reactive airway disease. The treatment is the same.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    3-April: First 10k in a long long time, and now seeing black dots in front of my eyes (just proves age has nothing to do with wisdom)
    Total running miles for April: 14 miles
    424b60c0983d631.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    4/1 - rest day
    4/2 - 4.4 miles - getting ready for HM on the 12th :smile:
    4/3 - 4.4 miles

8.8 miles out of 130

exercise.png

@iofred black dots, that doesn't sound like fun, how are you feeling now?
    @beccajayn my 14 year old daughter has asthma and runs cross country. When she started 2 years ago the doctor just said to take it slow and keep the inhaler close, but that it was a great way to work on her lungs. 2 years later she hasn't used her inhaler and her lung functions are the best they have ever been and she runs a 22 min 5K :smile: Like you said, take your time, be safe and enjoy running.
    @teacton11 you need to make a beer ticker
    @4leighbee LOL I was looking at your ticker and I was thinking, well that is interesting. I thought maybe I wasn't getting the meaning :wink:
    @fabnine my profile pix is for you, my bradford pear with flowers instead of snow.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    April 1 - rest
    April 2- 6.01 miles
    April 3- 5.15 miles -- Someone last month said they ran while their car was getting serviced and I thought that was brilliant - so that's what I did this morning! There is a bike/running path close by the dealership and they dropped me off at it and picked me up. Thank goodness there were leather seats in the car they picked me up in -- it's hot here! The guy unrolled the windows when I got in, lol.

exercise.png
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

@4leighbee LOL I was looking at your ticker and I was thinking, well that is interesting. I thought maybe I wasn't getting the meaning :wink:

Life is a struggle ... like a sailboat climbing a ladder on dry land ...
    ;)
  • Beccajayn
    Beccajayn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Thank you for that encouragement. Sometimes I think I'm crazy to try this, the next time I say I have used my lungs as my excuse for long enough, and I am finding that the more out of shape I get the worse they get.
  • candragiarette
    Options
    I'm gonna go for 25 miles this April. I'm restarting my fitness program. Here's hoping I stick with it.

4/1 2 miles
    4/2 2 miles
    4/3 2 miles
    Total 6 so far. Yay me!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom ... a lot better, I am just a stupid donut who thinks he can do more than age allows :) ... having said that, would not want it any other way ... trying to go half-power (although the more clever option) feels like cheating ... did I mention I was a stupid donut?
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    4 miles for me today (well...the gps said 3.97, but I'm counting it as 4!). Brings my total to 14.5! Woot!!! :)
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    April goal is 62 miles / 9.5 miles total

4/1- 4.5 miles
    4/3 - 5 miles
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 3.44 miles
    4/3 - 5 miles

exercise.png[\img]
  • 4leighbee
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay - better ticker. I actually ran 3.33 miles, but I can't bring myself to put that in ... I'm a round numbers girl. ;)

exercise.png
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Goal: 85 miles

4/1: 4 miles, 10:02 pace (where did that come from?)
    4/2: 3 miles, 9:41 pace (again - no clue how I'm going so fast) + weights
    4/3: REST

7 / 85
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom ... a lot better, I am just a stupid donut who thinks he can do more than age allows :) ... having said that, would not want it any other way ... trying to go half-power (although the more clever option) feels like cheating ... did I mention I was a stupid donut?

LOL well don't get hurt while you are being a "stupid donut".

@beccajayn you're welcome. When Skip first mentioned running I was in a panic, until the doctor said it could help. She hasn't had an attack (knock on wood) in almost 2 years. She will occasionally use her rescue inhaler after a race but it's usually because she's coughing, after a few puffs and 20 mins it calms down.

@4leighbee I like this ticker too

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    75 miles again for me, but this time I'm only counting the miles I run. Walking miles are just a bonus.

exercise.png
    4/1 - 3 miles - total: 3 miles
    4/3 - 4 miles - total: 7 miles

• 4leighbee
    Options
    iofred wrote: »

@4leighbee I like this ticker too

I'm tip-toeing through the daisies, lol ... (if you guys could only see me run - clod clod clod)