Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Please help

i have been doing my fitness pal for about a month now. After 3 weeks it said I lost about 5 lbs. I workout almost everyday. I went on the scale the past few days just to see what was going on. Each day it said I weight a little more and more. today I went on because I was feeling bloated and it said I was more than I've ever been! Please help what do I do?

Replies

• Any chance you're going through ovulation or Aunt Flo is about to visit? Most women bloat during those times and experience temporary weight gain.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    1. Are you weighing your foods?
    2. Are you measuring liquids?
    3. Are you logging exercise accurately; how are you getting your calorie burns?
  • Any chance you're going through ovulation or Aunt Flo is about to visit? Most women bloat during those times and experience temporary weight gain.
    No not now

I have been weighing them but maybe not that well. What liquids should I be measuring ? And I type in what excerise I do and for how long
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited April 2015

I have been weighing them but maybe not that well. What liquids should I be measuring ? And I type in what excerise I do and for how long

Well, make sure you're measuring accurately.

By liquids I'm talking things like juices or anything which doesn't have a barcode etc.

How are you getting your calorie burns for exercise? Are you getting them through MFP? Because they're known to be a bit of an overshot.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Just keep eating less, and it will happen. Took nearly three weeks before I saw a loss, and it's still taking a long time. Don't give up; it WILL happen if you just keep with it.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    You really don't appear to be weighing anything
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have to agree with ana.

Weigh all solids. Measure all caloric liquids. It makes a huge difference.

Look for data base entries in grams. If there isn't one in grams, it's okay to use one for cups if you're measuring something that has a package equivalent measure.

For example, the frozen raspberries I'm going to have tonight in my yogurt have a serving size on the package listed as 1 cup (140 grams). I'm going to have 70 grams (or a little under) that I'll measure on my food scale. The data base entry is for 1 cup. I'll enter .5, but I'll be weighing it out.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Remember, when exercising, it's normal to retain water. Additionally, things like TOM will cause retention. Definitely start weighing and measuring everything. Most important, be consistent and patient, it will come.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member

Look for data base entries in grams. If there isn't one in grams, it's okay to use one for cups if you're measuring something that has a package equivalent measure.

For example, the frozen raspberries I'm going to have tonight in my yogurt have a serving size on the package listed as 1 cup (140 grams). I'm going to have 70 grams (or a little under) that I'll measure on my food scale. The data base entry is for 1 cup. I'll enter .5, but I'll be weighing it out.

I don't think I could cram 140g of frozen raspberries into a single cup... unless I heated them up first!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »

I don't think I could cram 140g of frozen raspberries into a single cup... unless I heated them up first!

IKR? The meausuring cup/spoon vs. gram weight serving size differential on packaging is really eye opening.

I could, however, cram 140g of frozen raspberries into mah mouf. Quite easily. So yummy.

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »

IKR? The meausuring cup/spoon vs. gram weight serving size differential on packaging is really eye opening.

I could, however, cram 140g of frozen raspberries into mah mouf. Quite easily. So yummy.

Ugh, I made something with Sriracha last night. Serving size is 1 Tbs (5g).

I figured I'd just squeeze 5g in the dish - I hit 5g at about the 1/2 tsp mark. So I ended up using 6 servings to get the recipe right.

Luckily, Sriracha is low in calories!

By liquids I'm talking things like juices or anything which doesn't have a barcode etc.

How are you getting your calorie burns for exercise? Are you getting them through MFP? Because they're known to be a bit of an overshot.
    No I put in my weight and stuff on the machine im on and it tells me

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2015
    Agree with everyone - using a food scale is the only way to really get accuracy.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member

No I put in my weight and stuff on the machine im on and it tells me

Being able to enter your weight helps some with the accuracy, but I would say only eat 50% of the calories back at most for now. Evaluate your weigh loss over time and see how you're doing eating back that portion of calories.

The most important thing is to weigh everything you eat on a food scale (or the liquids in measuring cups/spoons).

Getting the food intake accurate will make the most difference :)

~Lyssa