Dark Chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in the UK. I eat a 20g square of Tesco own finest 71% every day . I'm building up my tolerance so I can move up to the strong stuff!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    By the way both the Vosges and the Chuao bacon chocolate bars are great. Vosges is a little better and darker.

Bacon chocolate? Oh my! I need to look into that!
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli Intense Dark - Twilight Delight 72% cacao...I buy a bag of the individually wrapped squares & keep a few in my lunchbox for a sweet treat after lunch :p
    My personal favorite as well..

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, looks like a shopping trip is in order so I can sample some of these....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    By the way both the Vosges and the Chuao bacon chocolate bars are great. Vosges is a little better and darker.

Bacon chocolate? Oh my! I need to look into that!

Yeah. Great calorie count I believe as well. If I remember, the Chuao is like 420 for the whole bar. They also have a potato chip/chocolate bar that is cool.
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aldi near you they do a brand called Moser Roth and it's lush. You get 5 25g bars in a sleeve and they do dark choc with chilli, mint, orange and almond or just plain. The best bit is that the bars are around 130cals each depending on the flavour and they are just the right portion size.
  • TheTortoiseWins
    TheTortoiseWins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Theo 70% dark chocolate with sea salt; Trader Joe's 70% dark chocolate with caramel and black sea salt; Trader Joe's dark chocolate toffee with walnuts & pecans. Generally anything over 70%; bonus if it includes sea salt or caramel.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I like the Endangered Species 72% bar. It's broken up into 15 pieces. So I'll have 1 or 2 of those for dessert.

This one - they have a chocolate mint one that's really good. Also the Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie is 86%, and really good for when I don't want to share (rest of the house thinks it's too bitter, more for me).
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Walgreen's carries Delish brand chocolates in various flavors. My favorite is Dark & Twisted Lemon and Black Pepper, although I usually go for the darker (at least 70%) ones. Ghirardelli and Lindt are great! I also like the dark chocolate Hershey Kisses because they are so convenient relatively low calories. (About 20 calories each, I think.)