Cycling vs At Home Workout

Hey guys so I've been fighting off strep and went to spin yesterday, but today I frankly don't feel like it. Feel like just going to the gym in my apartment and doing my own workout. But my OCD and history with anorexia is on fire yelling at me over this because it would mean I only went to spin once this week instead of my usual two times and I just don't know what to do. I don't particularly care for the instructor teaching tonight, I'm exhausted, and have school work to attend to. I just don't know what to do.....spin or just workout at home? What's more normal. I honestly don't know. I was raised by an anorexic mom who said you stick to exercise routine no matter what. Otherwise you are lazy and just making excuses. Maybe she is right. Because what if my workout burns less than spin would and then I have less burn for the week, same intake, and gain a *kitten* ton. Any suggestions be great. Thanks.

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    It really depends on how much effort/length of time you put into cycling or working out at home. You could burn more if you worked out really hard at home but didn't really put much effort into cycling and visa versa. We can never truly know how much you burn doing either activity. : / I think as long as you stay active you are on the right track. You don't need to work your *kitten* off every single day to achieve your goals or get to where you want to.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited April 2015
    If you are fighting Strep and you don't care for the instructor don't waste the trip. Add to that you are exhausted sounds like stayng home and working out is the better of your two choices. This one deviation from your plan is not going to throw off your whole week. Hope you feel better.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you are totally overthinking this. yes, you have OCD and i understand that is a seperate issue. if you don't like the instructor today, you either suck it up and go, or go work out on your own. if you don't burn as much you normally do at spin, so what? you either adjust your calories and eat less, or just eat more and you'll probably still lose weight.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Go spin, you will feel great when it's over.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Listen to your body. Stay home, rest up, get your school work done. One missed spin class will not end the universe. I promise! :)
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Thanks everyone. It's just hard because of a medical issue I am on a set eating plan so can't eat less. Guess was just scared I wouldn't have the same output and thus not need same input. But I just can't make it to spin today. It's just not going to happen. Fingers crossed weigh in goes well
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Well I am off to the gym. No spin today. Instead had a lovely 23 page paper writing party. And it;s still not done, but my brain is.