c25k recommendations?

Options
I'm new to running/jogging and am thinking about trying one of the c25k apps but just wanted to see what others experiences were with them. Right now I can't even jog a quarter mile without stopping to walk and ultimately I would like to at least run a few miles before breaking down and crying.

Replies

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    C25K. (You asked!) Seriously, it's pretty much the best there is. If you like a little story mixed in with your training, there's the Zombies, Run! 5K Training app which I've heard is pretty good too.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I might have to work up to the whole zombie thing lol
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really like the C25k app by ZenLabs (it's free) This is my second time using it, and third time doing c25k. It is much easier with this app!
  • gonnasnap
    Options
    Thanks. Just downloaded it and am gonna give it a try first thing in the morning
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I've started on zenlabs c25k ahhhh i love it.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I used the zenlabs one. I now use Zombies, Run! and wish I had tried out the Zombies 5k program - it's a seriously awesome game (yes game. Totally not exercise now!)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yes, zenlabs! It's great. :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love the Zombies,Run!5k training app. I also own the regular Zombies,Run! App. Both are totally awesome and turn running into more of a game with a cool story.

The 5k training app's story, is that you are in training to become a runner for Abel Township. The first couple of weeks, your just running around the "yard" and different characters are talking to you. Then you advance to running around the perimeter of Abel and eventually they add in small missions. The story line takes place between Mission 1 and Mission 2 of the regular Zombies,Run! App.
  • gonnasnap
    Options
    That does sound kinda fun. I might try that after I can actually run for 5k
  • cyl544
    cyl544 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Zenlabbs c25k awesome. Just finished week 4 day 1. Starts out really easy. Finally broke a good sweat
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    Use runkeeper! You can use this app after you finished the programme and all your run stats end up in one place, and it allows you to add custom interval exercises in the free version, which I think is the only app out there.

The custom interval function is a bit hidden though. Drop me a line if you can't find it. Don't use their own C25K programme as it's rather rubbish. Just go to coolrunnings and enter the info as custom workout from there by hand. The advantage of custom workouts is that you can run on days you want, not the days the app tells you. Heavy rain or a snow storm? Go running tomorrow. A serious cold? The programme might get messed up if the app is programmed poorly.

I'm now using iSmoothRun for iOS. It's like all the other running apps out there but the stats and usability are much more flexible. It doesn't have a dedicated website. Instead I can upload the data to a whole bunch of websites if I chose so.
  • marybraman65
    marybraman65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using C25k, but I can't get it to sync to MFP. Anyone had any success doing this?