Looking for a tea

Options
nshenay14
nshenay14 Posts: 11 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I don't like tea...but I know it's super good for you, and I gave up soda like a month ago. What is a tea out there that I might actually like to drink?

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Harney & Sons is a good tea company. I've liked almost every tea I've tried from them and for the quality of their tea they have good prices.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    nshenay14 wrote: »
    So, I don't like tea...but I know it's super good for you, and I gave up soda like a month ago. What is a tea out there that I might actually like to drink?

If you don't like it, don't drink it. Why drink something you don't like?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you like coke, pepsi, coffee? Then pick a dark tea like oolong, orange pekoe, English breakfast, or Earl Grey.

Do you like cinnamon, spicy? Then try a chai.
  • onehappypickle
    onehappypickle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Yogi brand Egyptian Licorice tea. You don't even need to add sugar or honey to it - it's naturally sweet! It's so good! (I think I'm going to go make a cup right now, actually! Lol)
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking more hot and iced tea, too. I've completely weaned off soda (have been for over 3 years now! But I was borderline homicidal for about 3 months when I stopped soda cold turkey. :#
    As mentioned earlier, if you really don't like tea, don't make yourself drink something you don't like. There are other healthier options out there. You could also try flavored sparking waters (every so often I have a Perrier or LaCroix for the fizz.)
    If you just aren't sure what teas you may like, try several. (A good place to do this is a tea or coffee house - they can make suggestions and they will brew it perfectly so you get a good impression of the tea.)
    You have black teas, green teas, and herbal teas/tissanes. For starters, I suggest finding a blended tea with flavors that you already like (ex: green tea with mint or ginger, or black tea with cinnamon, citrus or berry flavors). When you try a new tea, check how long you should steep it (depends on the variety) to get the best flavor. Too short = weak, too long = bitter. Personally, I like Tazo teas (in the US). I have a tower of the cute square tins at my desk (I was describing my Tazo flavors earlier). I also add 5-7 drops of liquid stevia (I use plain, but it also comes in flavors) to make the "notes" of the tea stand out and make it sweeter without adding sugar. Sometimes lemon is nice, too.
  • goldpurple
    goldpurple Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try the Teavana store. You can sample and get recommendations based on your preferred tastes.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Earl Grey but I have no idea what you may like.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you would want to drink something you don't like.

My kids (ages 8 & 5) drink Bigelow tea (cinnamon, lemon lift, and constant comment), so those are mild enough for them to tolerate without milk or sugar and they're pretty picky eaters.
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I second Teavanna. I just went today to refill my stash actually. They are super helpful and I've never had a tea I didn't like from there.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I like herbal tisanes, current favourite is lemongrass and ginger. My office is kept at flippin' arctic temperatures and sipping tea all day keeps me warm.

Do you have a speciality tea shop around? You can often get a variety tester pack, or maybe get one from a tea shop online.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Lol, as of late I've been drinking diet sweet tea from McDonald's for a $1.00 for a large.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you don't like tea don't drink tea. My favorite however is the Good Earth Brand - Sweet & Spicy flavor. My 2nd choice is Celestial Seasonings brand - Cinnamon Apple Spice Flavor. I usually drink both iced.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    I find tea to be quite bitter and it isn't my favourite drink ... or wasn't until I discovered rooibos tea and lemon-ginger tea.

They both seem to have a milder and sweeter flavour which I like. And I don't have to add anything to them to make them taste good.

I especially like the Aurora Medaglia D'oro Lemon & Ginger tea ... and I'm trying to remember what the rooibos tea I like is called.
  • jlarsen76
    jlarsen76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    search 'tea' on Pinterest and you'll get a million different pins for why tea is so healthy for you and the proper procedures for steeping! And I don't mean that Lipton stuff. I love chai, peppermint, oolong, pu-erh, green tea with lemon, and some of the herbal mixes from Tazo. I also like the Teavana teas, but haven't bought any in a few years. The key is to not add anything to them, except maybe lemon or honey. I drink a lot of tea and it has severely cut down my sweet tooth. If you drink it before bed, make sure you brush your teeth really well as it can eat the enamel off your teeth (as told to me by my dentist recently).
  • gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Find a Teavana or a David's Tea. There are so many types and blends, you are bound to find something you really like.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ok, if you really don't like tea I say just skip it HOWEVER if you want to try a good one I recommend Good Earth Sweet and Spicy - I love it just straight and it has a cinnamon sweet flavor that is great. I have a cup of tea in the morning (not a coffee drinker) and it has become my tea of choice.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I put a cold passion tea bag in a bottle of water. If you don't like tea don't drink it.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you have a David's Tea or can order online I highly recommend the Cream of Earl Grey or the Super Ginger.
  • rfihn
    rfihn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love tea, drink it every day. For caffeinated (not so much these days) I love Jasmine Green (gets bitter so don't steep too long), Black Currant a black tea from Peet's coffee, white coconut creme from Art of Tea, earl grey. For decaf I drink mint almost every day, honey lavender is nice, chamomile, peach (not sure on brand).

Also try adding a bit of honey, lemon juice or a dash of milk to your teas. I prefer mine black but if you don't particularly like tea it might appeal more to you.