Breakfast ideas?!

Options
Mzathenagot
Mzathenagot Posts: 59 Member
Although very tasty, the spinach and egg white omelet has run its course. I need new and fast breakfast ideas that I can whip up and get my day started.

Replies

• colleenhickey
    colleenhickey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    While I haven't made this in a long time, I really like this: Single serving blueberry muffin. No flour, sweetened with honey, almond flour.

I make it at night, put it in a container in the fridge, ready to grab and go in the morning. I think this will be thursday's breakfast for me!
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Almond flour? Sound interesting. I am going to look it up now.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast eater. I never really want to eat till lunchtime. However, I do drink one of the Special K protein shakes every morning. The vanilla cappuccino is so delicious. I actually look forward to it as soon as I wake up now!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am an egg freak so for me breakfast isn't complete without eggs.

You can make breakfast sandwiches. I make them at the beginning of the week and wrap them individually in plastic wrap and freeze them. I have made them with all kinds of toppings.
    - High fiber English muffin, sargento ultra thin cheese slice, egg (or eggwhites), veggie sausage (or bacon, thinly slices steak, ham) and even a veggie if you feel so inclined (sauted kale, mushrooms, ect.)
    I've done the same thing using high fiber wraps and make breakfast burritos.

I also make mini-quiches or fritattas. Yesterday morning I made an eggwhite, smoked salmon & kale frittata. I portioned it out so this morning I just grabbed a slice and popped it in the microwave.

You can also make pancakes (or waffles) in advance and freeze them, then just reheat them when desired.
  • Mzathenagot
    Mzathenagot Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All of these sound so good!!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    half of a mashed ripe avocado on toasted health bread. I like THIS brand but it's very dense and hearty, almost like a cracker once you toast it and not everyone likes it.
    I eat health bread with mashed avocado, a pile of tomatoes and cucumbers drizzled with olive oil and 2 hard-boiled eggs almost every day. I sprinkle sea salt flakes and fresh ground pepper on there too.

It's rather high calories for breakfast but I always wake up super hungry and it keeps me full until mid afternoon and I have a smallish lunch.
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm into smoothies for breakfast. My current favorite is the Flat Belly smoothie from PopSugsr.

3 oz Greek yogurt (I like vanilla)
    3/4 C water
    1/2 C each of frozen blueberries and pineapple
    1 C frozen kale
    1 TBLS almond or natural peanut butter (or to lessen calories, use PB2)

That's the recipe but I also add one or two scoops vanilla protein powder and 2 TBLS flax seeds. All in, it's about 383 calories and it keeps me full till late morning. And with the protein powder, it produces about 27 g protein!
  • Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1. My favourite of all times is quick oat, milk, a dash of cinnamon, a drop of vanilla flavour. (If i'm in a hurry I use microwave(about 1:30 min), if not I use oven(about 5 min). For topping I either use unsweetened dark chocolate or fresh(frozen) berries.

2.For on the go options (when I'm really in hurry or over sleep) I grab some oat ball that I make for my self. They are super easy to make and are about 25-30 calories each.
    Ingredients: (for about 20 oat ball)
    1. Quick oat 1 cup
    2. Coconut flour 2 tbsp
    3. Dried cranberry 2 tbsp
    4. Artificial Sweetener 1 tbsp
    5. Shredded dark chocolate 10 gr.
    6. Unsweetened coconut flakes 1 tbsp (optional)
    7. Water 1/4
    Just mix every thing and add water gradually to it, massage the mix and shape it into small balls with your hands. Put in the frog for abut 1-2 hour. (They make perfect guilt free snacks as well)
  • colleenhickey
    colleenhickey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    While I haven't made this in a long time, I really like this: Single serving blueberry muffin. No flour, sweetened with honey, almond flour.

I make it at night, put it in a container in the fridge, ready to grab and go in the morning. I think this will be thursday's breakfast for me!

Oops - I linked to the wrong recipe. It should have been this one: Two minute paleo blueberry muffin

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm loving overnight oats and individual baked oatmeal with a variety of mix-ins. Loads of great recipes on pinterest. Good luck!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This morning I had one Tecumseh farms apple chicken sausage, one vans mulrigrain waffle with butter, 2 large strawberries and a mug of hot green tea. Took less than 10 minutes to prepare, less than 300 calories. It is 4 hours later and I'm still not hungry!
  • lapetiteguimauve
    lapetiteguimauve Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with unsweetened cocoa, mashed banana, a little peanut butter, greek yogurt/almond milk and vanilla extract. Takes five minutes to put together and you could just get it out of the fridge when you're hungry every morning. There are several other flavor variations in overnight oats, you can find them on youtube.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Green protein smoothie!
    Protein powder in vanilla or chocolate, 2 scoops so that you get about 30-40g protein
    greens of choice: parsley, or dandilion greens and mint leaves, or kale
    1/2T chia seeds
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have started eating dinner for breakfast on heavy weight training days. Nice complex carb pasta, pesto, steak and a few other things thrown in. It certainly changes things up.