In need of advise. Working to hard for no results.

Options
Hello! I have been going to the gym 3 to 5 days a week for the past 2 months. It has become an addiction. Started at 220 pounds down to 198. Over the course of the past 3 weeks I have had no weight loss. I did lose a few inches though. Great! I'll keep track of that instead of pounds. Over the past week I have actually gained in size. About a half inch and put on a couple pounds. My workouts are becoming increasing more intense as I feel stronger and have more stamina. I am eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I do a combination of cardio and strength training. I'm feeling very stuck and frustrated. I'm not going to give up because I do great, physically and mentally. Just very annoyed. Anyone have any tips?

Replies

• moniquecharisse
    moniquecharisse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips and I feel like I'm in the same boat but CONGRATULATIONS on what you have accomplished!
  • shanoot
    shanoot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Maybe I am just being impatient. What matters is the feeling better part. Good luck on your journey.
  • minbre
    minbre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My first thought is maybe you need to eat more calories. Counterintuitive! Or to change up what and how you're eating? What do you have during the day?
  • dleigho
    dleigho Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried "intermittent fasting" or "high intensity interval training"? There is a lot of info online that may interest you.
  • shanoot
    Options
    I eat fruits, veggies. I sometimes juice instead of a meal. Chicken breast, veggie burgers without buns, I cut way back on bread. Just makes me feel tired and bloated. Things like very that. Working on having a all around healthier lifestyle.
  • shanoot
    Options
    It is tough for me to eat a bunch of small meals. Even though I cook for a living. Easy things I'm able to munch on are foods I'm trying to avoid.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Remember, bodies are weird. I worked out and counted calories HARD for two weeks and didn't lose a pound. I got mad and ended up eating an entire pizza and lost 3 pounds the next day. Just keep doing what you are doing and things will catch up.
  • techgal128
    Options
    Oh, and don't fast.
  • shanoot
    Options
    dleigho wrote: »
    Have you tried "intermittent fasting" or "high intensity interval training"? There is a lot of info online that may interest you.
    intermittent fasting maybe a good idea. I think I'll give that a try. Thank you

• shanoot
    Options
    minbre wrote: »
    Congrats! My first thought is maybe you need to eat more calories. Counterintuitive! Or to change up what and how you're eating? What do you have during the day?
    minbre wrote: »

I have though about that. I'm trying to eat more often
  • techgal128
    Options
    shanoot wrote: »

No, trust me. Keep away from fasting. You are doing everything right and there is NO need to starve yourself of food. I flagged that person's post because fasting is not something we encourage on this site and tends to be detrimental.
  • shanoot
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    Remember, bodies are weird. I worked out and counted calories HARD for two weeks and didn't lose a pound. I got mad and ended up eating an entire pizza and lost 3 pounds the next day. Just keep doing what you are doing and things will catch up.

Thank you
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Cut back Sugars.
  • shanoot
    Options

No, trust me. Keep away from fasting. You are doing everything right and there is NO need to starve yourself of food. I flagged that person's post because fasting is not something we encourage on this site and tends to be detrimental.

I do like my juices. I think that is the extent of fasting I can do. They give me energy ad make me good and full. Way to much info out there on everything. Positives and negatives. I never know what to believe or try.
  • techgal128
    edited April 2015
    Options

I do like my juices. I think that is the extent of fasting I can do. They give me energy ad make me good and full. Way to much info out there on everything. Positives and negatives. I never know what to believe or try.

Yeah, you won't find any love on fasting (including juice fasts) here. Juicing is great, just make sure to pair it with regular meals as well. Don't get me wrong, you'll lose weight. However, you'll feel like crap and likely just gain the weight back after you start eating normally again. Really, just keep doing what you are doing. I do recommend changing your workout routine if you have been doing the same thing for awhile. That can help boost your progress a bit as well.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feeling the exact same way. Maybe it is because I'm being too impatient for results, but I seriously have been at this over a year and my body doesn't seem to want to budge from 128-130. Obviously not giving up, but still super frustrating because I feel like I should be where I want to be by now.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Where did you gain inches?
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great job! After reading your post, I think I know what is happening. You probably lost most of your weight at the start of your program. The problem is that your body has changed and your needs are different. The problem is nutrition. Not saying you are eating bad, but your calorie intake is very low. You should be recalculatin your calories every 4 weeks. Your body will keep the fat stores because you are not taking in enough calories. What type of exercise are you doing at the gym?

A word of advice, lose the scale. I know, numbers are so important, but the scale does not actually measure what is happening in your body. Pics, measurements, and clothes should be used to judge your progress. Use the scale every 30 days if you must. Plus you are building muscle which is heavier than muscle. You are doing a great job, keep it up.
  • shanoot
    Options
    Great job! After reading your post, I think I know what is happening. You probably lost most of your weight at the start of your program. The problem is that your body has changed and your needs are different. The problem is nutrition. Not saying you are eating bad, but your calorie intake is very low. You should be recalculatin your calories every 4 weeks. Your body will keep the fat stores because you are not taking in enough calories. What type of exercise are you doing at the gym?

A word of advice, lose the scale. I know, numbers are so important, but the scale does not actually measure what is happening in your body. Pics, measurements, and clothes should be used to judge your progress. Use the scale every 30 days if you must. Plus you are building muscle which is heavier than muscle. You are doing a great job, keep it up.
    I am doing the treadmill 2-3 miles a day. 13-14 min miles or the olypical. Then i do a combination of weights, rotate legs and arms. I do different core exercises everyday. I try and change up my workouts with weights.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You are still losing at 11lbs a month. Be patient and wait for your body to catch up.

Scales are fine and its ok to weigh daily/ weekly as long as you use them correctly. Use multiple measuring methods. Start learning to manage your expectations.