Sports bra question

Options
2»

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38dd. I for the life of me can't fathom why some of you go through the discomfort of wearing two bras. That's gotta get hot! Title nine and Athleta are good online resources.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I looooove my Moving Comfort Fiona bra!! It's awesome, and mine is in size 40DD. You can get them cheaper on Amazon, too!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort Juno bra. It is my only bra that really stops the girls from bouncing when I exercise. Check Amazon for the best prices.
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The weight of your boobs doesn't make it slide up your back? I tried a cross strap bra once before and my boobs were so heavy, that it made it slide up and I had the bra rubbing near the back of my neck. lol Even regular bras rise up my back and make my boobs look really saggy and low. *sigh*
    This is the one I like. Very comfortable (I was getting raw and bleeding shoulders with the one I had previously.) and supportive. Plus it looks like I'm wearing a regular bra.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_11001_16102_13596
  • miller32807
    Options
    Ok, for the Enell bras: is it hard to get those things fastened? I agree with the person that said it's like armor (she said it in a good way though)!! lol It looks like it would take forever to get those fasteners done and then it looks like it's super tight. Doesn't compress your boobs to the point of pain and doesn't cut into your skin?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    i need to get one too. for now i've been wearing really cheap nursing bras during exercise and i can't even do a jumping jack in them! lol
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Maybe I'll try the doubling up then. I'll find a decent sports bra at Walmart or Target and then use a regular bra also. Anything to give me a bit more support than I have now.

I don't think there is any such thing at walmart... I wear Champion... they work well, I am looking for something a little more supportive for running, but I got mine at Kohl's (if you have one) on the clearance rack for like $8! My first ones I bought about 2 years ago were buy one get one free by mail. They usually have good sale. The less popular colors go to the clearance rack, fine by me I', not showing anyone...LOL
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    At Target you can buy a Champion brand sports bra that is the compression fit. I really like these. I got my er, um...boobs done a couple months ago and it was important for them to stay in place haha...and this did the job! Plus, I think they're pretty dang comfortable for a sports bra, and they're only $14...not bad!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've tried champion and find them to b enot very supportive. And, I only have C cup!
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've been using Nike sports bras and then I wear a work-out top with a supportive bra inside of it. I'm a C cup and doubling up helps me out tremendously considering I'm self-conscious about bouncing and discomfort.
  • miller32807
    Options
    I bought a cheap Playtex sports bra for now because no matter what I get, I'll have to order it and wait on it to arrive. I don't want to wait that long to even exercise. lol But it's actually a nice bra. The girls still have some bounce in them, so it's not great, but it is a huge improvement over what I had at first.
  • Jmongillo
    Jmongillo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DD as well and the absolute BEST bra I have ever found EVER has been Old Navy's in size XXL. It feels a little snug, but that's what you need in a good sports bra! It comes down far enough in the back that it doesn't slide up at all and holds my girls in solid!!!!! And the best part is that they are CHEAP.
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    Ok, for the Enell bras: is it hard to get those things fastened? I agree with the person that said it's like armor (she said it in a good way though)!! lol It looks like it would take forever to get those fasteners done and then it looks like it's super tight. Doesn't compress your boobs to the point of pain and doesn't cut into your skin?

I don't think it's hard to fasten. I have fastened the hooks before and then shoved the twins in after I got the hooks all done. Not painful and does not cut into skin. There is no underwire so there's nothing really there to poke you. The bras also last for a long time assuming you take proper care of them. For me, there will be no other. Enell is my sports bra soul mate.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The weight of your boobs doesn't make it slide up your back? I tried a cross strap bra once before and my boobs were so heavy, that it made it slide up and I had the bra rubbing near the back of my neck. lol Even regular bras rise up my back and make my boobs look really saggy and low. *sigh*
    This is the one I like. Very comfortable (I was getting raw and bleeding shoulders with the one I had previously.) and supportive. Plus it looks like I'm wearing a regular bra.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_11001_16102_13596

If a bra is riding up in the back, then the band size is too large.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options

I can get it on faster than my regular bras. I lie on my back (on the bra) I pull it around the front. I get the bottom hook fastened, and the rest just go together really quick, like 10 seconds.

Interestingly enough, yesterday, I had to wear my "moving comfort" bra. My Enells were dirty. I got chafed after a 50 minute run. I got chafed where the bra strap and the back hooks were.

I'm telling you, Enell really is the best, and you just hook that bottom hook, smash those boobs in there, and it hooks right up. I would give a video demo, but ahem.......
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Freya underwired sports bra. No doubling up required.
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump