Feeling stuck

Mzathenagot
Mzathenagot Posts: 59 Member
Hello Everyone,
My name is Harmony and I am feeling like I am not making any progress. I have been working out and eating clean for 4 weeks now and my weight seems to be stagnant. I've only lost 2 pounds. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    0.5 lb per week is a good rate of loss for someone with <30 lbs to lose. (0.5 lb to 1 lb, in that neighbourhood)

I'd also say that 4 weeks is not quite long enough to evaluate how well your plan is working. Give it another 2 before you really decide that you need to step it up. And take measurements and photos if you haven't been, because scales do not tell the whole story. (They do not only weigh your fat, so they can obscure progress sometimes.)

Otherwise:

Do you actually log every day, every bit of food? Do you weigh your solid foods on a scale? Do you weigh even packaged foods (which are often not accurate to the label unless weighed)? Are you careful with the database entries? Are you eating a lot of guesstimate foods (like from a restaurant, friend's house, etc)?

Smaller people have smaller deficits, so little errors can add up and secretly eliminate your deficit, or make it much smaller than you think. If you want to progress faster, you'll want to start with combing over your intake logging accuracy.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    It's all about the deficit. I "ate clean" for years and worked my *kitten* out more than anyone I knew...and couldn't figure out why I was gaining. Then, at a nutrition meeting at the gym, my trainer said something to me that REALLY woke me up: "If you eat 6,000 calories worth of salad, it's still 6,000 calories." It's all about the deficit.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    I definitely said "it's all about the deficit" twice. lol
  • Mzathenagot
    I really appreciate the feedback! I took some before pictures before I started and took some today to see if I could see a difference and there is! I am learning not to depend on what the scale is telling and trust that my hard work is paying off. However, it still is discouraging when you see that the scale hasn't moved especially when you are working on a goal.
  • Mzathenagot
    k7qyv9v2nw9w.jpg
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Definitely some great changes! I can't chime in any more than what was already said. :smile:
  • Wow your doing great just keep up the good work its already paying off :)
  • bredaclarke67
    bredaclarke67 Posts: 45 Member
    I always lose heart at 4 weeks because my weight loss is very little but this time I'm determined to carry on. Keep up the good work, you're looking great ☺
  • babybear821
    babybear821 Posts: 2 Member
    Your looking awesome that is inspiring to me I really want to loose so thanks for the pic uplift...Keep going
    Ashlee
  • Mzathenagot
    Your looking awesome that is inspiring to me I really want to loose so thanks for the pic uplift...Keep going
    Ashlee

Thank you so much!! It's good to know I'm not doing this for nothing.