College lifestyle

Options
emoniruth
emoniruth Posts: 10 Member
anyone in college that can give tips to how they eat healthy without a kitchen ?

Replies

• KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    last year i didn't have a kitchen. my body doesnt handle grease well so I was able to stay away from fried stuff with little trouble, since it makes me feel realllly horrible. my caf had very few options so i made a lot of stuff in a rice steamer and crock pot and microwave. You can cook rice, veg and meat in the steamer, and can cook tons of stuff in a crock pot.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Where do you eat?
  • emoniruth
    Options
    KatieLK14 wrote: »
    last year i didn't have a kitchen. my body doesnt handle grease well so I was able to stay away from fried stuff with little trouble, since it makes me feel realllly horrible. my caf had very few options so i made a lot of stuff in a rice steamer and crock pot and microwave. You can cook rice, veg and meat in the steamer, and can cook tons of stuff in a crock pot.

I wish but we aren't allowed to have crock pots or steamers
  • emoniruth
    Options
    Where do you eat?

In my cafe
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    When I was in college I lost a lot of weight because it was so easy with a gym on campus, a group of people to go with everyday, and someone else cooking so many options. I pretty much started with a salad from the salad bar and water with lemon for every meal (twice a day), and if they had something like steamed vegetables, fish, or chicken (I'd remove the skin), I'd go with that too.
    I kept cans of low sodium soup on hand, as well as jerky, popcorn, and kept things like yogurt, crudite, and hummus in my mini fridge.
  • emoniruth
    Options
    When I was in college I lost a lot of weight because it was so easy with a gym on campus, a group of people to go with everyday, and someone else cooking so many options. I pretty much started with a salad from the salad bar and water with lemon for every meal (twice a day), and if they had something like steamed vegetables, fish, or chicken (I'd remove the skin), I'd go with that too.
    I kept cans of low sodium soup on hand, as well as jerky, popcorn, and kept things like yogurt, crudite, and hummus in my mini fridge.

Thanks so much you've been a big help :)