5'2 girls calories!

Options
Hello, just wondering how many calories you 5'2 / 157cm ladies are eating, are you exercising, and how much weight per week do you lose? :)

Bonus points if you're hourglass shapes/ big boobs like me!

Replies

• 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5'2", hourglass...large boobs that don't shrink when I lose. I eat anywhere from 1100 to 1200 a day (average throughout week). I have tried higher calories and I just don't lose. I walk 30 min a day plus 30 day shred 2-3 days a week. I lose at different speeds. The last two weeks I lost 4lbs (2 each week), but the month before that I only lost 2.5 all month. Since January 1st I have lost almost 12 lbs. I eat a lot of protein, veggies and generally stay pretty low carb. I also watch my sugar intake because if I get it too high I get extremely achy and my arthritis acts up ALOT. I started at 203 in August of last year and last week hit 168. I have another 25 to lose before I reevaluate the end game.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    5'2" and not curvy :disappointed:

I eat 1775 to maintain, but try to exercise for an expenditure of about 2,000 a day.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    5'2" and a little top heavy. I try to eat 1200 per day but I haven't been doing good lately. I walk as much as I can but most of my exercise is riding my bike an hour a day 4-5 times a week. I've been losing about 2 pounds a week. I saw on your profile that you're doing p90x. I did that a couple years ago and it was really effective for me.
  • kerriesu
    kerriesu Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 5'2 with 7lbs left to loose! Myfitnesspal is recommending I eat 1450 a day but the thought of eating that much annoys me! Inusually eat through the week 1100-1200.. Would I loose more by eating the advised amount?! Xx
  • jcox147125
    jcox147125 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 and also hourglass. Started at 148, down to 141.8 in about 7 weeks so roughly a pound per week so far. How many calories I eat largely depends on how active I've been that day. I eat what my fitbit tells me. My average burn is 2220 and average intake is 1700. I go to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week and also try to walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day but often clock 20,000 steps on weekends or gym days.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    kerriesu wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 with 7lbs left to loose! Myfitnesspal is recommending I eat 1450 a day but the thought of eating that much annoys me! Inusually eat through the week 1100-1200.. Would I loose more by eating the advised amount?! Xx

I'm 4'9, have less than 20 to go... And I know I may be about to get mobbed for saying this, but I find I just don't lose enough to keep high spirits unless I put my intake 1200 or less then eat more if I burn them. That is, if I eat about 50% of what I burn.

It all depends on if you can manage really. I have a very small appetite so I don't blink at this. In fact I almost struggled to get some in as I used to only eat foods like chocolate (high calorie, not filling). You'll lose slower if you eat more, but (eventually) you will lose. If you are hungry at 1200, you may lose faster, but are more likely to gain it back.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would personally say eat the recommended amount. You'll still lose weight and you can eat more! Why wouldn't you want that! And if you can't physically eat larger volume, add in higher calorie foods, like peanut butter, nuts, avocados...foods that are small but pack more calories.
    Eating at too low of a deficit is not going to do you favors in the long run. The most apparent one will be a higher body fat percentage even though you're weight might be lower.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    * your
    * sorry about that
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    kerriesu wrote: »

How much are you exercising? Your food minus your exercise calories should not equal less than 1200 at a minimum.
  • marisa28a
    marisa28a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'2 here. I am not hourglass figure, I am more an apple shape carrying my weight around my middle.
    I get 1,542 calories a day and I usually don't eat that much. Monday through Friday I do crossfit and on the weekends I walk about 4-5 miles.
    I have no idea how many calories I burn everyday so I just don't log it or eat them back. I started this whole thing about 5 weeks ago and I have lost 5.5 pounds as of this morning. I am loosing about a pound per week but my clothes are fitting way better and my body is totally changing. I am actually seeing muscle now which I am excited about!
    Starting weight was 140
    Currently 134.6
    Goal weight is around 115 but I really don't care about the numbers. I just want to fit in my clothes again and have them be comfortable. I also want to be lean and have muscle tone show through. Those things are more important than what the scale says.
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies so far, this is really interesting. I asked because despite the popular opinion that eating fewer calories will impede weight loss (seriously, the advice I get to raise my intake when I'm not losing weight) I do not lose weight above 1400 per day. I've been scientific about it and tried 1500, 1600, weighed everything I put in my mouth (including salad veggies) but lost 2lbs in three months, and that's with exercising 30 minutes a day and eating 1500-1600 daily, with 115g protein and 120-150g carbs.

Interestingly, the girls with my height and body shape (curvy, hourglass, big boobs) seem to have a similar caloric "sweet spot" as me for weight loss. What this hints at for me is that the "eat more if you plateau" thing only works for certain body types. I've switched to 1300 and am now losing quite comfortably, and I'm exercising less (I was going hard 7 days a week).
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I set mine at 1200 net but know I have a margin of ~100 cals in milk etc in tea that I don't bother logging. Losing about 1 kilo per month on a good month, so very slow for me! BMI within healthy range so just vanity weight now to come off...
  • saruuhm
    saruuhm Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2, bottom heavy and small waist/little boobs. I eat 1700 calories a day and strength train 6 times a week. I have myfitnesspal set to losing 1 pound a week but I try not to focus on the scale number because muscle weighs more than fat!

When I was trying to lose weight I had myfitnesspal set to 1200 calories (personally I think this is not enough calories if you're lifting weights/killing it in the gym) and I lost 30 pounds but I started to look "skinny fat" and just unhealthy. Now that I've stopped doing a lot of cardio, eating more and just focused on lifting as heavy as I possibly can, I've really started to lean out/tone up. With calories I feel like it's all trial and error.

Goodluck with your goals!

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2. I walk about 5 miles roughly a day and eat 1480 ish calories a day. I lose 1lb a week, sometimes more. I'm currently 159lbs and want to get to 140 as any smaller than that and I look ill.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and petite. My maintenance calories are about 2,000 per day, which includes about an hour of exercising 6-7 days/week. When I was trying to lose weight I thought 1,400 was a good number. I could lose faster eating less but felt like crap, no energy whatsoever.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'3...hourglass with large boobs...I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories most days and exercise 6 days a week. I do not eat back my exercise calories. I've hit a plateau lately...it's been about 2 months since I've lost any weight. I have to take metformin twice a day otherwise the weight comes piling right back on (I have pcos.)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'3...hourglass with large boobs...I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories most days and exercise 6 days a week. I do not eat back my exercise calories. I've hit a plateau lately...it's been about 2 months since I've lost any weight. I have to take metformin twice a day otherwise the weight comes piling right back on (I have pcos.)

You aren't eating enough surely? With exercise you can't be netting more than 800-900 calories a day???
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. While losing I was able to eat anywhere from 1500 ( when I started) to 1330 when I got close to goal.

With exercise that got bumped up to between 1700 when I started to 1500 when I finished.

I can maintain on 1530 calories with no exercise, but my runs are longer now and I spend more time exercising (120 minutes 4 days a week) and try to get that up to close to 2000
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories and slowly increased it as I lost weight and to slow the loss down a bit. I maintain at about 125 lbs on about 1600 on days I just go for a walk, up to 1900 on days I workout. I'm 5'2" and 42 years old.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3 and I always tell people I'm shaped like a boy- no hips, boobs or all that jazz. Pretty petite. I started at 145 March 1st and I'm at 138 now. My cals are set to 1450. I workout 5-6 times a week an hour at the gym and I eat half the calories back. I don't log every little thing and I haven't had to start weighing my food yet. I'm guessing I'll do that if and when I hit a plateau as my goal weight is 120 but right now I'm focusing on fitting back into all my clothes :)