Bikini shopping!

Options
2»

Replies

• minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, If you don't mind me asking... How long did it take you to get from there to there? Did you add cardio or just weights? Any particular program you followed ? Lotsa questions :smile: Thank you! Truly inspirational!
  • Milenac93
    Milenac93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, If you don't mind me asking... How long did it take you to get from there to there? Did you add cardio or just weights? Any particular program you followed ? Lotsa questions :smile: Thank you! Truly inspirational!

I honestly couldn't say how long it took me because I had a lot of ups and downs. I originally lost the weight in about 6 months? maybe? I lived in Costa Rica for 3 months that started the weight loss because I literally only ate rice and beans and veggies the whole time so when I got home I decided to try to keep the weight loss going which took another few months but then gained some back (over several months) and it took another 5ish months after that re-gain to get where I am now. It was a long journey, and those times are estimates. Maybe ill look through my progress pictures and make a little timeline collage.

I had originally just started with eating at a deficit and doing cardio with some body weight exercises and I got smaller, but it wasn't until I added weights that I really saw my body changing its shape. I didn't follow a program I just did a lot of research online and created my own workout plan that involved lifting and cardio :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You'll rock that bikini! Great job!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    So incredible! Which weight program/schedule do you follow? Do you do anything else?
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd be pretty excited for bikini shopping to if I looked like that. You look fabulous girl!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Maybe you'll need to get TWO bikinis since shopping for them will be so fun, you won't know what to choose!
  • Milenac93
    Milenac93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    So incredible! Which weight program/schedule do you follow? Do you do anything else?

Here is what I do currently:

Day 1- Upper focus (dips, push ups, dumbell bench press, rows, etc) low intensity cardio after
    Day 2- Lower focus (squats, lunges, planks, side planks, etc)
    Day 3- Cardio only (HIIT)
    Day 4- Upper focus (push ups, dumbell shoulder press, pull ups (attempt), etc) low intensity cardio after
    Day 5- Lower focus (deadlifts, good mornings, hanging leg raises, more ab stuff)
    Day 6- Cardio only (HIIT)
    Day 7- "rest" (i'll usually go for a walk/hike outside)

I am planning on adding in some more things like burpees that will add an extra challenge and get my body moving in new ways.

I feel pretty good with this schedule so far and i add in random exercises to keep things fresh each time. I also switch up the order I do the days based on my schedule/how my body feels.

I'm not a professional or expert so there's probably something I'm doing wrong with this schedule but it seems to be working and I feel good so we'll see! :smiley:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!