Best at home workout program DVD to lose 10 lbs & tone

Options
Hi! I'm 5'1.5, and currently 120 lbs. A little flabby in all the wrong places. My goal is to lose 10 lbs and tone up. I don't have time for the gym and would prefer recommendations on at home DVD programs. I was considering Piyo, 30 day shred, T25, but am not exactly sure if they would do what I need done.
Please recommend anything you think would help!
Thanks!

Replies

• determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    *Insert obligatory "weight is lost through calorie deficit, not exercise" advice here.* If you've got that part down, I like Jillian Michaels workouts (30-day shred and others) and also recommend www.fitnessblender.com. All their workout videos are free (they have hundreds!), and they also sell e-book style workout plans that tell you which videos to use when, etc. Good luck!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is done by eating at a deficit not by a DVD alone. If you want to lose 10lb more set your daily intake 200-300 less than your TDEE. You can do all the exercise you want, but if you are not eating in a deficit you will not lose weight.

Toning is a myth. It was a marketing ploy to sell DVD and VHS tapes. Losing fat reveals the muscle you have, it doesn't add muscle or "tone". A DVD could give you more endurance and better your cardiovascular in general and possibly help retain muscle depending on which one and your nutritional intake.

• baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    PiYo is awesome. It's low impact and it uses body weight only to help build muscle. I don't say "toning", because that's not really a thing... But yes, it would help build muscle to give you a more "toned" appearance. :) Chalene is the best.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    I would say the best DVD would be Monty Python's meaning of life, the Mr. Creosote scene before every meal.

This makes me very happy

• newport3158
    newport3158 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian michaels kettlebell workout. There are two workouts and the second one gets rough. I liked Jari Love ripped and chiseled dvd too, but it's kinda slow. And then there's umm...can't think of her name, blonde, shorter hair, could be a lesbian maybe? She's got a couple good ones too.
  • hnovak0103
    hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity! I just started 5 weeks ago and I can see a major difference in my body..not to mention I have lost 13 lbs. Let me know if you want more details! Good luck
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ive done a lot of workout dvds but my favorites are anything from Bob Harper or Chalene Johnson
  • hnovak0103
    hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ive done a lot of workout dvds but my favorites are anything from Bob Harper or Chalene Johnson

What style of workouts does Bob Harper do?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    hnovak0103 wrote: »

What style of workouts does Bob Harper do?

Video clips & reviews of Bob Harper workouts here:
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/175.htm

OP - it's not about the video. Find something that you enjoy doing. I like Chalene Johnson she has a great personality. I can't stand Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels.

Kelly Coffey Meyer & Jessica Smith are my favorites....we're all different.

Here's another site with video clips & reviews: http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer
  • bz3131
    bz3131 Posts: 2
    Options
    Excellent responses. Thanks!