Newbie trying to lose 70 lbs

Options
kcalli0429
kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
Hi I'm new to Fitness Pal. Love it so far. several years ago I lost 70 lbs and kept it off for only about a year then the weight started coming back. After gaining 20 lbs I tried to get back into my diet routine to get it back off, but couldn't stay motivated. Then personal problems took over my life and before I knew it I gained all 70 plus back. I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear. I am pre-diabetic suppose to be taking medicine on a daily basis and I just don't want to live my life like that. I am only 36, I shouldn't have the health problems I am having and I know if I was at a reasonable weight I wouldn't. I started really watching my calorie intake on May 3rd, so far I have lost 9 lbs, I have only been doing light exercise but I am hoping that as a few more lbs drop, I will have the energy to get out there and really start exercising. I have my best friend motivating me everyday. We are on fitness pal together encouraging each other everyday to make healthier choices.

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs motivation and you came to the right place.. I would love to be your friend and help motivate daily .. I know I can use all the motivation I can get..:)
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome ,,and congrats on the 9lbs.....I know how you feel I am asthmatic and the more weight I gained the worse I felt,,I had to start out with light exercise and just go a little farther every week....now I can walk 2 miles after 3 months of taking it slow without having a asthma attack.....
    Good luck to you on your journey,,,the good thing about mfp is no one is judgemental we are all on this website for the same reason....
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You're going to love this site. It has been tremendously helpful in getting me closer to my goal weight. I started at the end of January and have lost 23lbs so far. My MFP friends have been so supportive, motivating and inspirational. It has truly been a huge part of my success.

Good luck -- You can do this!
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You have proven that once, so you know you can do it again! :) Just focus on going forward, and don't hold your mistakes against yourself, we are all are own biggest critics, but the point is that you are going the right direction now!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds kind of like mine. I'm 37 and was starting to get serious threats from my doctor about putting me on cholesterol meds if I didn't work on lowering my number through diet and exercise. It took a year or so to hit me but I finally decided that I'm worth it and I don't want to be on meds for the rest of my life!

Feel free to friend me if you'd like. We can do this!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! You can do it, just take it one day at a time and make sure you forcive yourself any mistakes. It is a long road, but we can do it together. Add me!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to Fitness Pal. Love it so far. several years ago I lost 70 lbs and kept it off for only about a year then the weight started coming back. After gaining 20 lbs I tried to get back into my diet routine to get it back off, but couldn't stay motivated. Then personal problems took over my life and before I knew it I gained all 70 plus back. I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear. I am pre-diabetic suppose to be taking medicine on a daily basis and I just don't want to live my life like that. I am only 36, I shouldn't have the health problems I am having and I know if I was at a reasonable weight I wouldn't. I started really watching my calorie intake on May 3rd, so far I have lost 9 lbs, I have only been doing light exercise but I am hoping that as a few more lbs drop, I will have the energy to get out there and really start exercising. I have my best friend motivating me everyday. We are on fitness pal together encouraging each other everyday to make healthier choices.

70lbs is a very visionary and admirable goal, especially for pre-diabetes where diet and exercise can really make such a huge difference. i am in total admiration that you have managed it before. The more I am disciplining myself to weight loss, diet and exercise the more I am realising that this is a long and steady process that requires both discipline AND commitment, but we all know that the benefits are HUGE.

I have to say huge congratulations on the first 9lbs..it's a fabulous starting point. The other 61 will follow and the people in this community are just fantastic as motivators. please feel free to add me as a friend.

go for it!