Options
1235»

Replies

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    It is still cooking but I am having tator tot casserole tonight.

Do you have a semi healthy recipe?

Mine was pretty standard tator tot casserole I think.
    Tonight it had 1 lb ground beef, 1 onion, salt, pepper, 1 c green beans, reduced fat canned cream of mushroom soup, 1 c shredded cheddar cheese and tator tots. I sometimes put peas or green peppers in it. I was going to replace the ground beef with beans or lentils but there was a protest from family on messing with their old favorite that much. You could probably use ground turkey, reduce the amount of cheese or something.

Not sure if this will work, but my basic recipe is pretty reasonable I think:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/59113392058109

(It's sliced potatoes instead of tator tots. The potatoes get much more crispy than the tots do which I - and my family - prefer. 174 calories of sliced potato goes way further than a lot more in tator tots too, it seems. Oh and in case it just shows generic potatoes: the ones I use are 'sunlite' which have fewer calories than many varieties out there)
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OMG, why have I not heard of this tater tot casserole? Sounds like a winner
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Chicken and taters and part of a white chocolate Easter bunny. :)

yum white chocolate is my favorite. isn't it great you can enjoy that on MFP

Yes! :)

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

It's what the Duggars eat.
  • kazaargrandcru
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Who are the Duggars? Nevermind, I'm going to google this stat! Time to get out from under this rock.
  • arditarose
    Options

Who are the Duggars? Nevermind, I'm going to google this stat! Time to get out from under this rock.

I'm under a rock too. I was listening to Elvis Presley in the gym today. I somehow know about the Duggars though.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of delicious fried chicken and a glass of milk ... 509 calories of yummy.
  • kazaargrandcru
    Options

I'm under a rock too. I was listening to Elvis Presley in the gym today. I somehow know about the Duggars though.

Oh, Elvis is classic though and at least I've heard of him ;)
    Now I know who they are, I only heard of the show 19 kids & counting but didn't know their names or anything because I don't pay attention to stuff like that. But maybe I will go check out more of their recipes!
  • arditarose
    Options

Oh, Elvis is classic though and at least I've heard of him ;)
    Now I know who they are, I only heard of the show 19 kids & counting but didn't know their names or anything because I don't pay attention to stuff like that. But maybe I will go check out more of their recipes!

lol. fun.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

They didn't invent it though.