Anybody do Bodypump?

Options
I just started doing this class and I'm so impressed with how I feel afterwards! I've never had a workout that makes every muscle group sore the next day. Anybody else do it, and what kind of results did you see? Since it is mostly weight lifting, how much cardio should I incorporate on other days?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Bodypump is cardio, just with weights added to the mix. Treat it às you would any other cardio from an exercise perspective.
  • kerussll
    kerussll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's a cardio workout too. But when I track "weight lifting" under the cardio section on here it gives me such a measly amount of calories burned! I'm not sure what I should be tracking it under?
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I do body pump once a week. I really like it. It is more cardio but I like the use of weights. MFP has it listed in the activities tracking part.
  • kerussll
    Options
    I do body pump once a week. I really like it. It is more cardio but I like the use of weights. MFP has it listed in the activities tracking part.

Ohhh thanks, didn't realize this!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes just type in Les Mills Body Pump. All of the workouts are in there so if you get to try some other ones you will be all set. :)
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know this post is old but how are you liking the bodypump class still? I have been doing it and like it a lot, it's motivating. i log it as the les mills bodypump but consider it more of a good cardio than weight lifting, especially since i can't do super heavy weights because of my back and shoulder problems. i never thought i would be a "class girl" but since i started doing BP i've gotten into the bodystep class too and want to try the bodyflow class next :)
  • meghanduprey
    Options
    oh! i wanted to ask if you've noticed any results from the class too?
  • kerussll
    Options
    Yes, I still do it and it's still great! Challenging every time and I see myself getting stronger and more toned. I'm able to lift heavier weights to keep it challenging. I never did classes before this, but I think I was really missing out. It keeps me so much more motivated and I get a way better workout than by myself.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I switched out my Zumba class for Body Pump after my Zumba instructor was replaced with a different one that I can't stand. I really enjoy it, though like the others I consider it cardio rather than weight lifting. I still lift heavy in the free weights section twice a week for that.
  • meghanduprey
    Options
    Ugh, they changed the routine for BP at my gym and i HATE the new routine. i think i'm going to take a break until the next one comes out. same with the new body step class which was my favorite until this new release. i have low BP and they do a lot of just walking around the step which makes me dizzy (and i don't really see the point calorically). i started doing spinning though and am really enjoying that!