Detox tea - flat stomach HELP

Options

Replies

• DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    There is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

If you want to loose fat on your belly, increase your muscle mass on your legs and abdomen and please do not take alcohol while you are trying to loose the fat, because it prevents the fatty tissue to be metabolized correctly, it also increases insulin sensitivity increasing the chances of growing the fatty tissue.

No offense for real but someone who has DR (if this stands for Doctor in this instance) in their username should really know how to spell the word lose. I'm not saying this to attack you just simply stating and pointing it out for OP .

A doctor is the last person I would trust for nutritional advice.

Not if your doctor has passion for nutrition ;)
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

If you want to loose fat on your belly, increase your muscle mass on your legs and abdomen and please do not take alcohol while you are trying to loose the fat, because it prevents the fatty tissue to be metabolized correctly, it also increases insulin sensitivity increasing the chances of growing the fatty tissue.

No offense for real but someone who has DR (if this stands for Doctor in this instance) in their username should really know how to spell the word lose. I'm not saying this to attack you just simply stating and pointing it out for OP .

sorry, my primary language is not english. Im trying to help and you got the point.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

The op isn't looking for weight loss, just a way to mitigate the bloat she is feeling after eating.

Laxatives are only going to mask whatever is causing the bloating. Will she use them for the rest of her life?
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly...You got here first. :wink:

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

Then there were the later stages and the washroom.. Oh God, the washroom!

If you like your rectum, I wouldn't do a cleanse.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I seriously suggest you don't do one either.

Love the copy paste

You must be fun at parties. :)

Couldn't think of anything informative or funny to post? Bet you're the life of the party....
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

Love the copy paste

Couldn't think of anything informative or funny to post? Bet you're the life of the party....

Oh it was a joke. Calm down.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

I haven't met one who isn't insistent on just pushing drugs and treating symptoms.

Anyway, that's besides the point and is off topic.

Since you are a man of medicine, you must realize the importance of strong scientific study on something. Do you have any creditable reports from peer-reviewed studies that can support your claim? Surely you must, otherwise, a person in your position would also call it baloney.
  • never2bstopped
    Options

Love the copy paste

Oooh so was my post. :wink: relax luv.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Love the copy paste

Damn this place needs a sarcasm font :( Or I need booze in my coffee.
  • chivalryder
    Options

sorry, my primary language is not english. Im trying to help and you got the point. HATER

batman___dafuq__by_foooxft-d5fqu0q.jpg
  • chivalryder
    Options

Love the copy paste

I vote for both.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    What about sodium? Do you eat a lot of salty things? I have a bit of a sunflower seed addiction and if I eat a healthy handful, my pants go from comfy to snug in record time, not matter how much or little I've eaten that day.

Just a thought.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Why don't you use epsom salt? I am heavily constipated most of the time, even though I eat soups and greens. I take them once a month (mostly when I really need it) and drink lots of water during the day to stay hydrated. I tend feel like crap after taking it, but after flushing all leftovers that should have been flushed daily, I feel so much better and full of energy. Yeah, you'll see a decrease in your weight, but it's not a decrease in fat.
    When it comes to the teas, I personally dislike them. They seem to work them in the beginning, but then they stop and just give you tummy pains and make you bloated. Bad, bad, bad laxatives.
  • never2bstopped
    Options

Love the copy paste

I vote for both.

C[_] <><>my mug is ready!
  • pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    And just so it's clear the problem is that I wake up in the morning perfectly happy with my body and then throughout the day i get bloated.

Here's what I usually eat each day

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal with 1 tbsp stevia with some fruit (usually strawberries)
    or
    1 half of a wheat bagel with 2 tbsp peanut butter
    or
    1 whole egg, 2 egg whites scrambled with a little bit of milk and then I put pepper on top, occasionally some cheese

Snacks: (2x a day)
    Usually things like Strawberries ,Greek yogurt , kiwi, cucumbers , baby carrots, crackers and cheese.

Lunch:
    Boneless skinless chicken breast , hard boiled egg whites , sometimes I'll put it all in a salad but usually I just eat it plain

Then I'll eat my second snack for the day

Dinner:
    I usually have turkey burgers, a taco made with ground turkey, chicken salad, tuna melt, or just a portion of whatever my mother makes.

I do cardio 3-4 x a week for 30 mins
    Weight train 3 days a week

Not sure if that would help determain anything.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    And just so it's clear the problem is that I wake up in the morning perfectly happy with my body and then throughout the day i get bloated.

Here's what I usually eat each day

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal with 1 tbsp stevia with some fruit (usually strawberries)
    or
    1 half of a wheat bagel with 2 tbsp peanut butter
    or
    1 whole egg, 2 egg whites scrambled with a little bit of milk and then I put pepper on top, occasionally some cheese

Snacks: (2x a day)
    Usually things like Strawberries ,Greek yogurt , kiwi, cucumbers , baby carrots, crackers and cheese.

Lunch:
    Boneless skinless chicken breast , hard boiled egg whites , sometimes I'll put it all in a salad but usually I just eat it plain

Then I'll eat my second snack for the day

Dinner:
    I usually have turkey burgers, a taco made with ground turkey, chicken salad, tuna melt, or just a portion of whatever my mother makes.

I do cardio 3-4 x a week for 30 mins
    Weight train 3 days a week

Not sure if that would help determain anything.

I used to be bloated all the time. Very painful. After cutting milk and bread from my diet, the bloat has gone away. Have you tried not drinking milk and see what happens?

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    LSNC81 wrote: »
    LSNC81 wrote: »
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Again: LAXATIVES

And? So what if there is.. eating too much liquorice or gum is a laxative

Because all you are losing is water and waste products... not actual fat. When you eat or drink anything those pounds that were magically lost suddenly reappear.

The op isn't worried about fat. Her stomach is fine before eating in the morning and bloats as she eats. This is a water, gas, food volume issue.

The only reason I wouldn't suggest the detox/ex lax teas is if taken regularly they will cause the inability to use the bathroom without them.

Is it bloating or is it poor muscle tone and gravity is taking over? If it is bloating, you would also have digestive issues like excessive burping or flatulence. I would start with exercises that strengthen the core muscles and practice engaging your core all of the time. If you are having other digestive issues, then look into possible food problems.

• pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What about sodium? Do you eat a lot of salty things? I have a bit of a sunflower seed addiction and if I eat a healthy handful, my pants go from comfy to snug in record time, not matter how much or little I've eaten that day.

Just a thought.

I don't usually use salt for anything and I try to watch how much sodium things have on my log so I don't think that's the problem, but thanks !
  • never2bstopped
    Options
    Try the probiotics for a month and see if they help. If not look into possible food specific issues. Do you maybe get to much fiber? Are you more or less boated the days you eat eggs or oatmeal.......and so on.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I haven't met one who isn't insistent on just pushing drugs and treating symptoms.

Anyway, that's besides the point and is off topic.

Since you are a man of medicine, you must realize the importance of strong scientific study on something. Do you have any creditable reports from peer-reviewed studies that can support your claim? Surely you must, otherwise, a person in your position would also call it baloney.

This^^