Android GPS apps to track walking/running - with website to review data?

spud_chick
spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
I've used CardioTrainer for almost three years to track my walks, and it's all I've used. One of my favorite features is the website that allows review of the uploaded data and also download of the history as a flat file, which I use regularly with an Access database to create my own reports.

Now Noom appears to be discontinuing CardioTrainer to focus on Noom Coach and other products.

What's your favorite Android app for tracking walks/runs, preferably with a website you can log into for more advanced views of the data? I'm not talking about a step counter app, just one that uses GPS to track outdoor walking and running that you stop and start yourself.

Thanks!

Replies

• spud_chick
    Also, I don't care whether it can sync with MFP or not, unimportant.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I use runtastic and so far, I love it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I use runkeeper. You can view the basic info on your phone or online. I think you have to be a pay member to use other features, which I am not. I find the 'free' version to be all I need when it comes to tracking distance, speed, routes, etc. I don't sync it to MFP though, I don't know if runkeepers calorie counts are legit or not, though you do enter your height and weight manually, so who knows!
  • spud_chick
    Thanks both!

@81Katz, one thing I like about CardioTrainer is that it asks for your stride length rather than extrapolating it from your height. People with short legs vs longer legs have to scurry harder (more steps) to cover the same distance, and I have always felt that CT was pretty accurate, but maybe stride length doesn't matter that much. I'll find out!