Do you ever stop being hungry?

Options
13»

Replies

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    It goes away!! For now try eating smaller portions spaced out to learn that it really doesn't take large quantities of food to satiate the hunger. Make sure to get a bit of protein with most of your meals. Just fight through the desire to eat everything in sight and it will get better!!
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    also drink a lot of water. sometimes you think you are hungry but you just need hydration.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Your numbers seem reasonable. At this point, in order for folks to give you specific feedback, you're going to need to open up your diary for review.

The other question is whether you are weighing/measuring everything you are eating. Usually people underestimate their intake, but maybe you are overestimating yours.
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you are eating out of boredom rather than hunger, I would try chewing gum. That has helped me sooo much in the past few months! But I've become kind of a gum addict :#
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Great advice here! Most of being successful with weight loss comes down to proper nutrition, eating at a deficit with a balance of healthy carbs, protein and fats, but some of it is mind-set. Just like any change, it takes time for the mind/body connection to really kick in. When you are used to the "full" feeling most of the time (or even stuffed) you don't really get what "satisfied" feels like. In my opinion, that changes after awhile and you will become satisfied with less quantities of food.

Plan your meals with emphasis on lots of veggies, good lean proteins and complex carbs. Eat it, enjoy it, move on. Begin to realize what hunger feels like and recognize it. Ask yourself if you are bored, tired, thirsty or really truly hungry. If you ARE hungry, then eat. I've come to rather enjoy feeling a bit hungry before I eat. That way I know I am eating because my body needs fuel and not just mindless grazing.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. I don't even feel full with more protein. I had some major hunger pangs in the beginning and just ate a few extra calories so I wouldn't just explode and binge. Your body is used to eating more food, so it's expecting more. You have to train it to expect less, and that's where TIME comes in. Eat a smaller deficit in the beginning, and gradually cut your calories back. I don't find drinking tons of water helps, but if it helps you its a great thing to do. Mostly listen to your body... some days you just need to eat more. And that's OK.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If it is boredom hunger rather than real hunger, get up, get a glass of water, and go for a walk. I find that if I'm doing things, my mind is off food. If I'm sitting around, the desire for mindless eating kicks in. It feels like hunger, but it's not.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Veggies, lean meats, eggs, Greek yogurt are staples here. Fruit occasionally (apples satisfy me if I have some protein and/or fat with them). A good filling meal will have a good combo of complex carbs (whole grains, potato), protein and fat. I typically eat 6+ servings of fruit and veggies a day. I still have sweets and treats but small portions (like one scoop of ice cream, or one square of chocolate).

90% of the time, I'm pretty happy that way. The other 10% suck (typically before my period). Just make sure to eat back at least half your exercise calories if you're hungry.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1400 and I'm 4'10" and I weigh 169... My weekly goal is 1 lb a week

I'm 4'9 and I have up days and down days when it comes to my appetite. I find that for me it helps to split things into 200 and 300 calorie meals (Kerry Low Low is a brand which makes yummy ready meals I use when I'm too down to cook). I've recently found "Hungry Girl" on youtube which seems to have good advice - I may even buy her book...actually buy it...and read it! Filling out food with veggies is so worth it.. Oh and homemade ice lollies! Lots of ice lollies!

P.s. you can add me if you like too :)
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Brassica oleracea.
    Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, savoy, kohlrabi and Chinese kale. They are all very filling and low calories.