Sweet (but healthy!) Snacks!

Options
jamaicanmircrzy
jamaicanmircrzy Posts: 27 Member
What are some good snack options of the sweeter variety? I have plenty of savory-type snacks for the day but sometimes a sweet fix that is not quenched is all it takes to ruin a full day of calorie counting by over indulging in peanut butter in the end.

I get that fruit is a good option, but if anyone can elaborate on and beyond simply raw fruit?

Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• CFlorentine
    CFlorentine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apple slices dipped in honey really help with my sweet tooth!

Banana ice cream... Slice bananas and freeze them. Put them in a blender with some milk (or almond milk, soy milk, yogurt, etc.). You can also add other frozen fruits to change up the flavor. Or, since you like peanut butter, PB2.

PB2 is awesome because it's just powdered peanut butter. So it doesn't have all the oil and the sugar.

vpkwdip3jv8a.jpg

pb2.jpg 50.5K
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love these ice cream bars

ltmgO4L.jpg

The peanut butter flavor and mint chocolate are awesome too!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calories brownies are my favorite. Also love whole fruit Popsicles!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered these thanks to one of my MFP friends. It's my new addiction:

fruit-flavored-almonds.jpg
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about quest bars. They are low in carb and high in protein and taste like a chocolate bar

you can cut up a protein bar into a few portions and then just have a piece when needed
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The flavored almonds are fantastic and sometimes for me flavored water works. You could try jello, pudding, fiber one bars (I like lemon and coffee cake best) individual high quality chocolate squares, raspberries with chocolate chips. The dessert type of yogurts can be really good too. One of my favorite snacks is fruit with greek yogurt and granola.
    I just had black coffee that was a bakery flavor and that totally satisfied me so think outside the box, simple is sometimes just what you need.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    The flavored almonds are fantastic and sometimes for me flavored water works. You could try jello, pudding, fiber one bars (I like lemon and coffee cake best) individual high quality chocolate squares, raspberries with chocolate chips. The dessert type of yogurts can be really good too. One of my favorite snacks is fruit with greek yogurt and granola.
    I just had black coffee that was a bakery flavor and that totally satisfied me so think outside the box, simple is sometimes just what you need.

I agree with the flavored coffee, also. Coffee seems to be my thing lately. However, I have dark chocolate raspberry truffle flavored coffee and I'll have a cup with 1 tbsp of liquid Italian sweet cream creamer for my nightly snack.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I just go for walnuts and or pistachios. But every now and then I go for the Hershey's Dark Chocolate.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I've recently started eating Yasso bars. The look similar to the ones posted by annette_15, and they are so good.

They have a lot of flavors, but my favorite are the salted caramel and cookie dough. Not sure if this is what you are looking for in terms of "healthy" but they are yummy and only 100 cals.

9akf6k5zcll8.jpg
  • Bobbykins1
    Bobbykins1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream bars, or a piece of peppermint hard candy work for me if fruit doesn't.
  • gracie7737
    gracie7737 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do you find the Yasso bars?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you want completely natural and sweet, gluten free with no "free" sugars, chocolate, rich, and full of fruity loveliness, I dare you to beat this:

chocolate-banana-caramel-cake05.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463846418252/

A little high in calories though. Watch your portions.

I'll never make it again.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    OR, if you are unafraid of artificial sweeteners, a little Mio in my water is good for me.
  • christyerlsten
    christyerlsten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious^ Thanks for sharing!
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    6 dark chocolate kisses are only 100 calories.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I keep Dole Fruit Dippers in my freezer all the time. There are three varieties, dark chocolate covered strawberries with 60 calories per pack, dark chocolate covered banana slices 100 calories per pack, and dark chocolate covered bananas sprinkled with almonds 120 calories per pack. Great for portion control. Also I love, love, love dark chocolate covered almonds and other nuts. And my final go-to if I need something sweet is Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt with around 120 calories, 15 grams protein, and 6 grams fiber. It's sweetened with Stevia. My favorite one is the Coconut Crème. I add some fresh chopped pineapple to it and it's like having a pina colada!!!! B)
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    The Skinny Cow candy bars are good
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    Oh I left one out. Fiber One Lemon Squares are so good - 90 calories and 5 grams fiber. I like to have one with a fresh brewed cup of green tea. I call it my "Afternoon Delight" snack. Actually I like to make it an event. I brew a green tea and serve it in one of the cups from my wedding china with the lemon square served on a bread plate.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    daisyverma wrote: »
    I keep hearing about quest bars. They are low in carb and high in protein and taste like a chocolate bar

you can cut up a protein bar into a few portions and then just have a piece when needed

The Vanilla Nut Quest bar tastes just like a Bit' O Honey!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    A medium red delicious apple sliced and dipped into homemade almond butter. So good.