DVDs

Options
I am not one to go to the gym very much especially during school. It's so much easier for me to do at home workouts right now I'm doing the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred and I always go back to it. Does anyone have any suggestions for other great workout DVDs that aren't crazy expensive?!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here are links to 2 websites that sell hundreds of workout DVDs. They have video clips & reviews. You should be able to get many used DVDs cheaper on Amazon

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/default.asp

http://www.collagevideo.com/

If you want to try something new, but aren't really sure what you like....I would try some on-line workouts first (fitness blender, Jessica smith TV, etc). You could at least narrow your search. Check your schools library, they may have DVDs available.

I (personally) don't like Jillian and don't do much high impact (wonky knees)...but my favorite instructor is Kelly Coffey Meyer....her personality is really natural. Kelly's DVDs (30 Minutes to Fitness) have 2 workouts and lots of pre-mixes to keep it fresh. The style of 30 Day Shred alternates cardio & strength ....Kelly's Bootcamp may be something you like.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Every so often I'll binge buy a few from ebay. They're cheap and throw a bit of variety into my routine
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    If you have a laptop check out youtube first. A lot of Jillian Michaels are on there, also fitnessblender is another channel that I subscribe to. Lots of great workouts.
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look in to the Beach Body on demand thing in another month or two...its like a subscription to all of the P90X, Insanity, T25 type workouts...pretty excited about it!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I know its not a DVD, but if you can use a laptop or something for your workout, look up Fitness Blender on Youtube. I enjoy doing some of their workouts!
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My all time favorite workout video is Crunch Bootcamp Training. It's a great mix of cardio and strength training. Just need light hand weights. Mixes in some squats and different crunches. It's less than $8 on Amazon. And I heartily second Fitness Blender. Love their tank top arms workouts.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    JenMaselli wrote: »
    My all time favorite workout video is Crunch Bootcamp Training. It's a great mix of cardio and strength training. Just need light hand weights. Mixes in some squats and different crunches. It's less than $8 on Amazon. And I heartily second Fitness Blender. Love their tank top arms workouts.

Hey I just did that the other day, it's in my regular rotation! I started with 2 and 5 lb dumbbells and this week did it with 8 and 10 pounders. Kudos on your good taste lol :)

Crunch has a lot of good videos, they're all on Collage Video (and you can watch clips there which is why it's my favorite site for researching dvds).

Other Jillian workouts are good, I'm personally more into Bob Harper's videos if you like Biggest Loser stuff. Biggest Loser Cardio Max is a great workout (done with contestants still in the season so no perfect bodies to be discouraged by), and he has one called Totally Ripped Core that will really give you that strong 'girdle' of muscle in your midsection. Bob's are an hour long though.

For lighter days check out Ellen Barret, she has a bunch of videos that are pilates/aerobics mixes, she's a real easy instructor to watch and follow, good energy.
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options