Body appreciation

Options
DaniCanadian
DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I've seen so many posts/threads/comments on trying to lose weight for appearance. So many about thighs too big or stomach not flat enough, etc. I think it's time for people to say some nice things about their bodies! Appreciate that beautiful, imperfect son of a gun :)
I'll go first, when I started getting healthy I was dead after jogging less than a quarter mile. Now, I run 20 miles a week and am up to an 11 minute mile. I can do my workout, keep up with my toddler at the park, and still do chores and work that night. I still see flaws but I'm pretty proud of what my body can do and continues to do.
Oh and no achievement is too small! From running a marathon to being able to do a full push up or even walking just for an extra 5 mins.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My arms are hot- I biked 40 miles the day before yesterday......and didn't die.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    My body retains muscle memory pretty darn well, for all that I've put it through. It also tells me when it's in trouble and needs an intervention, if only I will listen to it.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    My 200+lb body has run 3 5K's and it can even dance!

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My arms looked totally bangin' in the mirror at the gym last night :D
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty nice booty which I admit fill out my jeans quite nicely. Wouldnt want it any other way :)
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea for a post! I've never had a "perfect" body (whatever that means anyways) but I've still always thought that I'm gorgeous... and my hubby agrees!

I have great curves... fantastic boobs, and nice curvy hips (typical hourglass figure). I've also been told that my bum is pretty great. Sorry I couldn't just pick one! lol. :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm graceful and can really move my hips.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    oiq4ejbzpj14.jpg

I can finally get into my Dungaree's and my legs don't look too awful. So yay my legs today!

My face is also looking loads better now it's slimmer. Love this thread.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I got that big ol boootaay that I loooove
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have a naturally teensy waist and flat stomach. It can't actually do much anymore due to chronic illness, but I'm an avid pedestrian and do my best meditating when I'm walking.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I got a pretty nice chest. I am dang proud of that! :D
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    5ykbjq7ivdu8.jpg

I have a pretty nice booty that I'm proud of (that you squats :blush:)and a chest that refuses to allow me to wear a size small any type of top lol, but I'm ok with that.
  • shayhyatt934
    shayhyatt934 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like that I can build muscles really quickly. I loove my boobs and my but.this is weird but I actually like my stretch marks.
  • rolom3
    rolom3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have nice skin and tan really quickly :)
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I like that I can build muscles really quickly. I loove my boobs and my but.this is weird but I actually like my stretch marks.

I like my stretch marks too! They make these crazy patterns and, for whatever reason, they just feel and look cool to me.

I also really love my broad shoulders, which is actually a new thing for me. I was always taught that it was bad for women to have broad shoulders ( most of the women in my family have and hate them) but now, I figure if Robin Wright can rock them, so can I.
    Plus, it's like every dress Calvin Klein makes was custom designed for my body.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No matter how it has looked at any given time, I love the things my body has done for me during the years of my life. All the long walks I've taken through beautiful places, that good feeling of waking up after a long rest, dancing, carrying babies and giving birth to them, having sex, singing, being able to smile at the people I love. I can hear well. I am very nearsighted but my eyes see, and they've viewed so many, many amazing things. I have no conditions where I am not able to walk or move around. I am thankful for my body.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I think my profile picture says it all. I think you should love yourself no matter what stage you are in with your body. You are Beautiful no matter what.....
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

I love my marks too! They remind me of tiger stripes! They're like a tattoo, only better!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love my eyes, my cheek bones, neck and shoulders, arms are looking pretty good too. Last night my kids were playing with my squishy belly, and seeing the smile on my daughters face when I told her that she and her brother used to live in there and made the awesome stripes was amazing