7 - 7mi, intervals
    8 - Rest
    9 - 8mi, easy

Total: 76mi

April goal: ~180mi
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    5 more hot sweaty miles in the mid-day sun. Wore more sun tan lotion today after burning my shoulders/neck yesterday. Beach is finally starting to get a bit less crowded today, as tourist season seems to be winding down - just in time for me to return north.

4/1 - 8 miles
    4/2 - 5 miles
    4/4 - 8 miles
    4/5 - 20 miles
    4/7 - 5 miles
    4/8 - 8 miles
    4/9 - 5 miles

Total: 59 miles
    Goal: 145 miles
    Remaining: 86 miles
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This showed up on my FB newsfeed today. Funny and good advice!

TOP 20 THINGS NOT TO DO AS A RUNNER :-)

As runners, we are constantly barraged with tips – those things we should be doing while we run. But, what about what we should not do? Here are some guidelines.

- Wear white shorts or leggings. You never know what type of bodily fluids (BFs) might escape while you are running. These BFs are much better camouflaged with dark shorts and leggings.

- Assume all dogs are friendly. Same goes for geese.

- Run in shoes that are too small. A good rule of thumb is to get a running shoe that is at least one half size bigger than your everyday shoe. This is because your feet swell as you run.

- Run with traffic. While cyclists ride with traffic, runners should run against traffic. This is so you can see what is coming for you before it hits you (and hopefully gives you a chance to dive into a ditch).

- Clench your fists. Believe it or not, clenching your fists while running takes energy. Relax your fists and you’ll be more efficient.

- Cut a run short because it starts to snow, rain, get hot or become windy. Running in challenging elements makes you stronger mentally. View it as a training opportunity to increase stamina, willpower and discipline.

- Trust a fart. Although running and farting go together like peanut butter and jelly, if you have any inkling whatsoever that the fart might have a chaser, do not go for it.

- Wear underwear. If your running shorts have a liner in them, then wearing underwear is redundant.

- Keep checking your watch. Checking your watch is like waiting for water to boil. It makes the run feel like forever. Forget the watch and glance at it only on occasion (such as when it beeps at a mile point or when you finish a song on your iPod).

- Assume drivers see you. Run defensively. Always be prepared to jump out of the way of an oncoming car. You never know who is texting, drinking or picking their nose behind the wheel.

- Have spare change in your pocket. This applies mostly to group runs. If you have quarters and dimes jingling in your pocket during a run, you might get beat up. It is just that annoying.

- Talk on the phone. Talking on the phone while running is like oil and water. They just don’t mix. Bring your phone for safety reasons, but save your conversations for later.

- Stop to walk every time you get a bit tired. Once you get in the habit of stopping to walk every time you are a bit tired, it gets easier and easier to do. Try to avoid this pattern.

- Over drink. While there is much emphasis on staying hydrated, be sure not to drink too much. This can lead to a complication called hyponatremia, which is when sodium in the blood becomes too diluted.

- Run through pain. Doing this could surely lead to the big “I,” or injury.

- Dress like a ninja at night. If you want to survive your run in the dark, dress accordingly. This means bright colors and even a headlamp.

- Worry if your first mile feels like crap. Any runner knows that the first mile or two of a run can feel horrible as you work out the kinks. Never take those initial miles too seriously. Know you will settle into a groove.

- Ignore other runners. Take a moment to wave at your fellow runners. We are a special club, after all.

- Bypass a bathroom because you think you can hold it. Bathrooms can be hard to come by. If you are lucky enough to be running and encounter a peeing/pooping opportunity, take it. You will thank yourself later, especially if you did not heed #1 on this list.

- Blow without looking. A snot rocket or farmer’s blow is a necessity for all runners. But, please, look before you send your snot shooting onto another runner, a car or an unsuspecting baby.
    Any other tips for what not to do while running?

• italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    April 1: 4.14
    April 2: 5.01
    April 3: nada nada mermalada
    April 4: 6.12
    April 5: 3.29
    April 6: 5.26
    April 7: 1.5 & Pump
    April 8: nothing
    April 9: 1.5 & Pump

exercise.png
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am happily married.
    Today's treadmill observation (shared during runner's high, when filter is low functioning): The very attractive runner next to me was obviously annoyed with his sweaty, clingy t-shirt. I would have been in support of his tearing it off right then and there. LOL ... that is all.

exercise.png

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a late start, but still going to try to get 35 miles in this month.
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

April 1 - 6k
    April 2 - 5.5k
    April 4 - 4k
    April 8 - 4k
    April 9 - 6.5k
  • millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

I am starting to get back on track with a 30 day goal of 5km per day :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    4/1 - Nice 3.1 miles on indoor track
    4/2 - Brutal 4.75 miles of "hilly" treadmill
    4/4 - 10 miles, nice mix of hills
    4/6 - 4 miles on indoor track
    4/8 - 4 miles on indoor track (33:16...pretty speedy for me)
    4/9 - Another hot, humid 5 miles on a "hilly" treadmill (Total 30.85/110)
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Today's treadmill observation (shared during runner's high, when filter is low functioning): The very attractive runner next to me was obviously annoyed with his sweaty, clingy t-shirt. I would have been in support of his tearing it off right then and there. LOL ... that is all.
    LOL! You can still look. :wink:

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

Just because I already ordered, does not mean I can't look at the menu.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Fly me to the Moon (Europa, (Luna is to close)....
    ece48e0dd8e594c.gif

6 Mar - 8.2
    9 Mar - 4.73
  • 2bawesomenow
    2bawesomenow Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi there

I am training for the Gold Coast Half Marathon (Australia) in July and look forward to sharing my progress with you all.

Sue

exercise.png

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

Just because I already ordered, does not mean I can't look at the menu.

Haha, absolute truth.
    Gentlemen, I sincerely apologize for what I started here, lol!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Whoooo! I bet he'd been hurt if you hadn't noticed all his hard work. ;)
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    75 miles again for me, but this time I'm only counting the miles I run. Walking miles are just a bonus.

exercise.png
    4/1 - 3 miles - total: 3 miles
    4/3 - 4 miles - total: 7 miles
    4/6 - 7.5 miles - total 14.5 miles
    4/7 - 7 miles - total 21.5 miles
    4/8 - 6.2 miles - total 27.7 miles
    4/9 - 4.75 miles - total 32.45

• teacton11
    teacton11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 6 Mi recovery
    4/2 - 7 Mi steady state
    4/3 - 4 Mi easy double stroller
    4/4 - 22 Mi long
    4/5 - no run; time with the J man
    4/6 - 7 Mi easy
    4/7 - 10 Mi steady state
    4/8 - 6 Mi easy double stroller
    4/9 - 11 easy

73/200 total

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    4/1: 5 miles
    4/2: 7 miles
    4/3: 4.2 miles
    4/4: REST!
    4/5: 18 miles
    4/6: 4 miles
    4/7: XT rowing and biking
    4/8: 5 miles
    4/9: 10 miles

Current total: 53.2 miles
    One more run tomorrow and then finally another rest day. Peak weeks are hard, man!

exercise.png
  • Beccajayn
    Beccajayn Posts: 22 Member
    Options

exercise.png