Not so new to mfp, but looking to connect with the community.

Options
RC792
RC792 Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I am not exactly new to mfp, I've been using it for some time, but I think it's time that I stop isolating myself and get involved in the community. I just feel like I need more support to stay on track with my weight loss goals. I have struggled to change my lifestyle in the long-term, partly because I use food as a substitute for so many things in my life; also, I am a hardcore stress eater and have issues with self-worth. I am working very hard to change some of the underlying emotional issues, but I also have to focus on actually making changes to my diet and making exercise a part of my life. I am morbidly obese at 416 pounds, and could use any support/advice that some of the more experienced among you could provide, or for new people just another person to be in the same boat with. I want to start this weight loss journey and make it stick this time. Sorry if this all seems weirdly personal, I'm just at a point where I need to be honest with myself and hold my self accountable by putting myself in a pretty public domain.

Replies

• lisafat67
    Options
    Good for you! Anyone starting off being honest with themselves has a bigger chance succeeding! Welcome to the beginning of your new life
  • lilith40
    lilith40 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Heh its great that you are recognizing the need for support! And that you are making positive steps for yourself. I've been on MFP for awhile now too and have been hesitating to join the community but would like to do so. You can add me as a friend if you'd like.