i GAINED weight!

Options
i have been keeping up with my new eating habits and my excersize, i lost 3lbs in the first week of ZUMBA, but since then...two weeks later, i have gained 2lbs. what is goin on? i do zumba or jillian michaels boost your metabolism at least four days a week. and only once or twice have i gone over on my calories.

is this normal, what do i change, i monitor my sodium intake, and i do not eat red meat( cow, lamb, goat, or pig etc.) only chicken and turkey and seafood.

HELP!! my Diary is public, so please assist, i am however a fulltime student so buying all organic isnt an option, i buy all that i can afford.

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Can't see your food diary. But, my first guess is water retention....IT SUCKS. Make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i tried to see your food diary but it was closed. it could be too much sodium intake, or water weight. don't give up:)
  • delita259
    delita259 Posts: 15
    Options
    k ill try to get my diary open
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yes, drink water!! Just think the more your drink the more you lose :)
    Also, start measuring yourself, that way you can see your results in another way. The scale will make you crazy!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Can't see the diary either, but are you eating your exercise calories? Are you manually set to have 1200 calories and still stay under that? If 1200 isn't working for you boost your calorie intake, try 1300 try 1500... give it a couple weeks and see what happens. Feed to succeed.
  • krishildy
    krishildy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert here, but I had the same experience you did -- When I started out in April, I lost two pounds, then gained all of that back! Now, a month later after exercising everyday and counting calories, I'm finally starting to lose. I think when you started making changes (diet and exercise), that is just how your body reacted. I had to hang in there for a month, before I started seeing some results again. Just keep doing what you're doing, and the pounds will eventually start to melt off.

Good luck!!!

Kristin
  • qirlylady
    qirlylady Posts: 1
    Options
    muscle weight

water retention

need a poo

simple things.. 2lbs is nothing.. expecially when you have been exercising..

check your body fat more than weight and measurements..

more accurate! xx
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    do you measure yourself? could it be muscle?
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I see in the past few days u r eating white rice, white bread and no fruits. Try switching to brown rice, wheat bread and some fruits. That may help. Also, try having a healthier cereal like Multigrain cheerios, special k, etc.
    Good luck!
  • KatyLynn01
    KatyLynn01 Posts: 19
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat so if you are working out and gaining muscle that could be it. But don't be discouraged- having more muscle helps your body burn more cals on its own, so eventually you will start losing even faster!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    When are you weighing? Weigh first thing in the morning when you wake up.
    Water retention? You will retain water if you've done a hard workout. If your sodium is up. If it's TOM. If you are not drinking enough water.
    Measurements? Take your measurements so that you can see results even if you have a gain.

3500 calories is a pound of fat. So unless you've eaten that much over and above your recommended net calories, then you did not gain fat.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I can see your diary now. I would say increase water to at least 8 cups a day if not more, watch the sodium which will cause water retention and stay under on calories. Eat foods with protien to keep you full. And yes measure yourself. Sometimes you will not lose weight but lose inches and that's a wonderful thing too.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary, you would probably benefit from getting rid of some of those processed foods (chocolate chip pancakes?) and replacing it with fresh fruits and vegetables. Frozen fruits and vegetables are also a good choice.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can try to add more fruits and veggies and less carbs, perhaps instead of white bread try whole grain. And you definitely need more water to flush out the sodium.
  • rinitafitz
    rinitafitz Posts: 14
    Options
    I notice that even though I'm under my calerie count, I can be over my fat caleries intake. So, keep an eye on that also.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I gained 4 when I first started and I finally lost them a month later. I went from not working out to running/walking/weights almost daily. You'll get there. Lots of H20 =)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat

Muscle does not weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat. Muscle is more dense and does not take up the same volume that fat does.
  • thaismoreira
    thaismoreira Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your physician? It is a good idea to see your doctor, tell your concerns and make sure you have your blood test done, specially your thyroid hormones checked.
  • Jae2sweet
    Jae2sweet Posts: 11
    Options
    You may have gained muscle so don't assume that it is all fat. Muscle is more dense than fat, but just like fat for every pound of muscle you gain it is the same as if it were fat. The point is, again, do not assume that it is fat. So do take measurements and drink plenty of water. However, if you are working out, you need some of those salts (potassium, sodium, calcium) for muscle endurance and performance. Especially in those really intense workouts, they are largely cardio, but they also build muscle. Do not give yourself a hard time. Be patient, regroup, and keep going! Good luck. I am in grad school and I totally understand...Lol