Csection mommies

Options

Replies

• rwcw89
    rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    erinl84 wrote: »
    I've had one natural then three c sections. I still have loose wrinkly skin on my lower tummy but I feel like I've come a long way my youngest is five months old

image_3.jpg[/URL

Looking good! :-) should be very proud
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ouch.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    In for later :)
  • rwcw89
    Options
    wectoicaea6y.jpg
    One week difference in my overhang belly. I'm starting my week 5 of t25 and mfp and wish I could weigh myself because the change looks so drastic to me :-) happy easter all
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    wow i can defo see the change there hun. I was looking at my scar the other night in the bath and it faded alot. I was shocked i though id always have this nice wee line lol
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    meganjcallaghan , God Bless you! You gave a new life, just like all us C-section gals, and it was worth the scar. I had two C-sections, and on vbac. Wish I had just had a third C-section, the vbac was hard! Mine was 25 years ago, and sorry to tell, it never really goes away. My scar adhered to my abdominal wall so in that it is unusual. Can't wear a one piece suit, but bikini is fine! If I keep my weight in the normal range, it isn't bad.
  • rwcw89
    Options
    cindaymom wrote: »
    meganjcallaghan , God Bless you! You gave a new life, just like all us C-section gals, and it was worth the scar. I had two C-sections, and on vbac. Wish I had just had a third C-section, the vbac was hard! Mine was 25 years ago, and sorry to tell, it never really goes away. My scar adhered to my abdominal wall so in that it is unusual. Can't wear a one piece suit, but bikini is fine! If I keep my weight in the normal range, it isn't bad.

I really wanna have a vbac, csection was my last result , failure to progress at 5cm for 8 hrs with pitocin and water broke, she was 8.15lbs and sunnyside up my blood pressure was 50/25 and I was running a fever. Not fun I really want natural next time
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    << Not quite 6 months after my c/s. As I've lost the baby weight, my belly has gotten flatter. I really think it's mostly just about losing fat and time to let the skin tighten back up.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    hecham wrote: »
    << Not quite 6 months after my c/s. As I've lost the baby weight, my belly has gotten flatter. I really think it's mostly just about losing fat and time to let the skin tighten back up.
    That's what I think to. I have some family members trying to convince me otherwise. I might have loose skin and it may never fully go away without surgery, but that's from the fact that I was obese (BMI of 43.8) and not the fact that I had a c-section. At the moment however, I can definitely tell what is left of my overhang is fat. I've seen what loose skin without fat looks like (kind of a deflated balloon look) and mines not even close to that yet (still about 1" thick..maybe a little less). I am happy to say it doesn't hang down as far as it used to though.
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ugh...i have this from donating a kidney since they do the same incision....it's nasty and i don't even have a kid to show for it. at least y'all have that. lol

You donated a kidney! You have that to show for it! :) XOXO
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I gained 80 lbs during my one pregnancy. My daughter was a c-section. She is now 5-years old, and once my weight dropped down to 145 (63 lbs down), I lost the overhang. I regained about 20 lbs from getting sick, but when the weight came back, the overhang didn't. I'm losing again, and it's more of an "all over" loss this time.
  • stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a c-section mommy and I always hated my tummy after childbirth. I am 5'2, my pre-pregnancy weight was 119 which went up to 154 by the time my daughter was born. Even after losing the weight and then some, I was still unhappy with my stomach. I can honestly say abs are made in the kitchen! By eating clean 95% of the time, religiously entering and monitoring my food intake with MFP, and working out (cardio and weights) I am at 100 lbs and starting to show great results and it's only been 6 weeks :) hang in there!j02wtqxmcov9.jpg
  • rwcw89
    Options
    Hi there! I am a c-section mommy and I always hated my tummy after childbirth. I am 5'2, my pre-pregnancy weight was 119 which went up to 154 by the time my daughter was born. Even after losing the weight and then some, I was still unhappy with my stomach. I can honestly say abs are made in the kitchen! By eating clean 95% of the time, religiously entering and monitoring my food intake with MFP, and working out (cardio and weights) I am at 100 lbs and starting to show great results and it's only been 6 weeks :) hang in there!j02wtqxmcov9.jpg

U look awesome. I'm not fully eating clean but i did knock out a lot of the junk compared to what I was, even added avocado to my diet. I'm living on wraps lol but they are tasty. I love finding healthier takes on my fave food. My downfalls are cheese , tacos, and peanut butter lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm a csection mommy too !! Its been almost 11 yrs and I still have no feeling (numbness) and a massive scar. Mine was an emergency csection and the aftermath wasn't pretty . the good news is that as I lowered my body fat percentage, the flap started to look better and better. The scar is ugly but the flap is nearly gone. Once I went to a new place for a bikini wax and the lady said , that's the worst scar I've ever saw ,why are there still staple marks ??? I was mortified at first , but then just said well without the c section, my child wouldn't have lived through a natural birth so I can't be angry about a scar. But it does get better in time , just keep lowering your bf % and you can do it !!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section five years ago with my daughter. I have the bikini cut, but now along with some numbness, my abdomen muscles occasionally have a mind of their own and will painfully spasm. I look like a contortionist trying to get these muscles to let go and relax. Has anyone else had this issue?
  • rwcw89
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I had a c-section five years ago with my daughter. I have the bikini cut, but now along with some numbness, my abdomen muscles occasionally have a mind of their own and will painfully spasm. I look like a contortionist trying to get these muscles to let go and relax. Has anyone else had this issue?

I get gas cramps sometimes right around the scar but it's not always. My husband jokes and tells me let it rip but I can't lol since its on occasion the doc isn't worried. I still get painful contractions too once in a while
  • rwcw89
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I'm a csection mommy too !! Its been almost 11 yrs and I still have no feeling (numbness) and a massive scar. Mine was an emergency csection and the aftermath wasn't pretty . the good news is that as I lowered my body fat percentage, the flap started to look better and better. The scar is ugly but the flap is nearly gone. Once I went to a new place for a bikini wax and the lady said , that's the worst scar I've ever saw ,why are there still staple marks ??? I was mortified at first , but then just said well without the c section, my child wouldn't have lived through a natural birth so I can't be angry about a scar. But it does get better in time , just keep lowering your bf % and you can do it !!

I doubt I'll ever get feeling back too. My scar is weird it's small but half is clear the other red. But it's still kinda fresh at 1year. I just want the flap gone which it's getting there as I lose weight. My goal is to be a healthy weight so I can have a vbac. I had a bunch of things going against me with my first including a very long labor
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    sharmaynet wrote: »
    Hi ladies,I share your pain!! After gaining 70lbs taking me to around 190lb at 5ft 1 after my 2 pregnancies, both ended in emergency c-sectio. It's safe to say I had a big over hang!! I have for the last 12 weeks been tracking on MFP religiously and doing cardiovascular and weights in the gym 4 times a week. I have lost 24lb and a lot of inches. I'm quite pleased with my results so far and can certainly see a change in my tummy. Still a way to go, but starting to feel positive this tummy will become less saggy. Fingers crossed.

12 weeks a go34xjbpx.jpg

Now
    331myaf.jpg
    Wow. What a difference. You look amazing. Great job!

• cheethnico
    cheethnico Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My first was prem baby and natural birth not a stretch mark in sight she is nearly 16 now my 2nd was a c section now 4 had a good pouch and a fair few stretch marks after her which had all but vanished now 6 months since my 2nd c section 2stone down and it has shrunk loads way more than halfed I'm pretty confident that it will be barely be there at the end of my weight loss journey but I don't care if it's still there a bit it's a small price to pay for my little beauties
  • PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sharmaynet wrote: »
    Hi ladies,I share your pain!! After gaining 70lbs taking me to around 190lb at 5ft 1 after my 2 pregnancies, both ended in emergency c-sectio. It's safe to say I had a big over hang!! I have for the last 12 weeks been tracking on MFP religiously and doing cardiovascular and weights in the gym 4 times a week. I have lost 24lb and a lot of inches. I'm quite pleased with my results so far and can certainly see a change in my tummy. Still a way to go, but starting to feel positive this tummy will become less saggy. Fingers crossed.

12 weeks a go34xjbpx.jpg

Now
    331myaf.jpg

Wow! You look great! I have pretty much your shape, so you give me hope. I have had 2 sections. I have been able to loose the weight, and when I pull everything in, I almost look pre-babies, but then I breathe out and the jelly is back! :neutral:

Am doing 30 Day Shred, Level 1 Day 8 done so far, so we shall see how it goes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!