Csection mommies

Options
rwcw89
rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
we all know and see the success mommy weight loss stories. But what about those with the csection flap that haunts us after the incision (as if stretch marks and soreness wasn't enough) . Anyone have success stories with getting rid of it? How much weight did u gain with pregnancy? How did you lose the extra skin? :-) really curious as im in week 3 and I see an awesome difference in my top by my water bed of a tummy doesn't seem to have made much progress

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section with my first son but natural deliveries with my next two. My line is still there, as is some numbness in the sensitivity of the skin there. Just look at the line as a war wound. I have lost alot of weight in the past and the loose skin does go away :-) Be patient, but don't get pre-occupied with it. :-)
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    as i got smaller, so did the belly bit that hangs over the scar. it's not pretty but it has reduced and isn't as noticeable. i don't think mine will ever go away but i look at it as my mummy belly and though it may not look pleasant, i have three beautiful boys to show for it :smile:
  • FileppM
    FileppM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was 285 (I'm 5'6) pounds with my first c section six years ago, and 295 with my second one three years later. I had a massive overhang and thought I would always look like that. I'm 193 pounds now and the change in the "flap" is huge. Everything is starting to lift and flatten out. I have a lot more faith that it will look even better as I lost my last 40-50 pounds.
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    For what it is worth, my husband of nearly 20 years recently told me my tummy never regained its natural shape after my first creation. I didn't realize it looked so different (you know, because carrying babies and nursing, ha know, LOL) but he said the muscles never seemed to snap back and the skin hung over a bit. After 6 children, 5 from sections, I don't think I will ever have my old tummy again. I'll be happy just feeling healthy again. By the way, my husband never comments negatively about my body so this comment really wasn't in the context of negative talk.

• SerenityGrace
    Options
    FileppM, good job. That is encouraging to hear. I don't think I will have the same success but it would be nice!
  • rwcw89
    Options
    FileppM wrote: »
    I was 285 (I'm 5'6) pounds with my first c section six years ago, and 295 with my second one three years later. I had a massive overhang and thought I would always look like that. I'm 193 pounds now and the change in the "flap" is huge. Everything is starting to lift and flatten out. I have a lot more faith that it will look even better as I lost my last 40-50 pounds.

Aww your doing great! Since my delivery I lost like 40-50 lbs . I hate that I had a csection , but the doctor irritated my cervix and put me in labor that lasted 5days, a sunny side up 8.15lb baby, she never dropped , stuck at 5cm , and 50/25 blood pressure with a fever , yay csection. Hoping to do a vbac next time lol
  • rwcw89
    Options
    For what it is worth, my husband of nearly 20 years recently told me my tummy never regained its natural shape after my first creation. I didn't realize it looked so different (you know, because carrying babies and nursing, ha know, LOL) but he said the muscles never seemed to snap back and the skin hung over a bit. After 6 children, 5 from sections, I don't think I will ever have my old tummy again. I'll be happy just feeling healthy again. By the way, my husband never comments negatively about my body so this comment really wasn't in the context of negative talk.

Aww my step daughter tells me I'm lucky to have a squishy belly lol I see my "love handles" are a bit wider since the baby, but comes with the territory I guess lol I was huge
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Well here's what my stomach looks like:
    gkmmfdtf9c11.jpg
    Comparison Nov 2014 to today:
    hqsv7bhfivwo.jpg

I've had 2 c-sections. I was extremely obese after the first (5'4.5" @ 260lbs). My second c-section was May 29, 2014.
    My first pregnancy I gained 60lbs in 34 weeks. c-section was at 34 weeks.
    I lost the weight and was able to get down to 170lbs before becoming pregnant with my second.
    My second pregnancy I gained about 40lbs.
    Currently I'm around 148 lbs.
    My overhang seems to be mostly fat. It seems to be getting smaller as I lose fat.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I can't contribute, but thank you for this thread. I had a c-section with my second son four months ago, and my stomach looks strange, the skin's mostly numb, and I still have a lot of pain in my abdominal region. I have 50 lbs to lose, but I have no idea of what my stomach will look like afterward. Even after a normal birth for my first son, my stomach never regained the tone I had prior to pregnancy, but it almost looked normal when I reached my goal weight.
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 C-sections!!!!!! My overhang is ridiculous but even only having lost 20 lbs so far, I can tell a difference. I may never wear a bikini again, but I'm good w/ that.
  • Annr
    Options
    Well the comment he gave you sounded kind of negative to me. After six kids he needs to empathize a wee bit more. I would've yelled back..."Hmmm that muscle in your head hasn't regained its natural shape either bub!".....Thats just me mind you.... :-)
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ugh...i have this from donating a kidney since they do the same incision....it's nasty and i don't even have a kid to show for it. at least y'all have that. lol
  • Annr
    Options
    ugh...i have this from donating a kidney since they do the same incision....it's nasty and i don't even have a kid to show for it. at least y'all have that. lol

My husband recently rec'd a liver transplant. You gave the gift of life like us, donating a kidney. The person that rec'd it owes their life to you :-)
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    Annr, my husband is awesome. I've gained 129 pounds in our marriage and he never once has made a nasty comment. Yeah. I'm not going to yell at him. LOL.

Shadow2soul, I am so proud of you. You have given me hope that maybe, just maybe, I wIll look nice when all is said,and done. I have delusions of grandeur with my tummy but after seeing how nice yours has snapped back, I have a better hope.
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    That should say I DONT have.... That's what I get for,watching The Middle while typing!
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c sections. I was in the 290s for both. I'm 217 today! I will tell you, my stomach looks soooo much better! I think it will always be an issue for me, but by comparison? It's a major improvement! Hoping it will look better and better as I get closer to goal.
  • Kkonowal
    Kkonowal Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hipe[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/gh/8fydufk4ya9g.jpg[ hope I did this right and pic posts... 3 boys last one section cause he was breech.. Gained over 60lbs with each.. Not one crunch :) not the same as before but not bad![/img]
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I had the vertical cut rather than bikini. Anyone else like me with a butt crack in the front? It's come up with weight loss, but still floppy.
  • burnsjulia
    burnsjulia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    C-section was nearly 14 years ago so I've had some time to recover. :) I gained 35 pounds with twins and lost most of it pretty quickly (within 6 months). It took several years, lots of Pilates and ab work to get to flatter, though. It's pretty trim now.

I think the biggest difference is having the core strength to have good posture - better than I've ever had. This is the muscle and strength to comfortably hold my shoulders down and pelvis forward -- and for that to just be normal.
  • deloachkl
    deloachkl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well here's what my stomach looks like:
    gkmmfdtf9c11.jpg
    Comparison Nov 2014 to today:
    hqsv7bhfivwo.jpg

I've had 2 c-sections. I was extremely obese after the first (5'4.5" @ 260lbs). My second c-section was May 29, 2014.
    My first pregnancy I gained 60lbs in 34 weeks. c-section was at 34 weeks.
    I lost the weight and was able to get down to 170lbs before becoming pregnant with my second.
    My second pregnancy I gained about 40lbs.
    Currently I'm around 148 lbs.
    My overhang seems to be mostly fat. It seems to be getting smaller as I lose fat.

That's amazing. I've also had two C-sections but have never been able to lose all the weight. Shadow2soul, how have you been so successful?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!