Csection mommies

Options

Replies

• SerenityGrace
    Options
    System - Sorry, all my cuts are low. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

HappyNinjaStar- it has been 8 years, just about, since my last delivery. My scar is still numb feeling. I don't know if it will go away completely but it does have better feeling than years ago.

I don't know if anyone else has this trouble but I can't stand for anything to touch my scar. It might be numb but if I try to wear bikini cut panties, it aggravates me to a near meltdown, LOL. It's really weird.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c sections. My latest one was a year ago. My highest non pregnancy weight was 191. I'm now 148 and the flab over the scar is still there. I wish the flabbiness would go away but I'm happy to keep the scar as a birthmark for my 3 babies.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I had my c-section 25 yrs ago....and the numbness I had around the incision is still there. Sorry to state that fact. On the good side, when I was a nudist from 2002 to 2013 in California..tummies or scars just aren't important. If any of you have identity issues about yourselves, this is a postivie boost. I am not a slim thing, and if you attend a "clothing optional or nudist" resort, it is a life changer. Currently in Oregon, and with the rainy weather, nudists are not a thing here :-(
  • rwcw89
    rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I can't contribute, but thank you for this thread. I had a c-section with my second son four months ago, and my stomach looks strange, the skin's mostly numb, and I still have a lot of pain in my abdominal region. I have 50 lbs to lose, but I have no idea of what my stomach will look like afterward. Even after a normal birth for my first son, my stomach never regained the tone I had prior to pregnancy, but it almost looked normal when I reached my goal weight.

Yeah my skin is numb too. The scar is getting better . When I first have birth my stomach was still big and flipped over my parts lol it was bad. It's started to flatten out but need to tighten . Congrats mama. Look into t25, good way to get back on track during new babies nap time. I'm on week 3 of alpha. There's a new group for t25 if ur interested
  • rwcw89
    Options
    AmyJM76 wrote: »
    I've had 4 C-sections!!!!!! My overhang is ridiculous but even only having lost 20 lbs so far, I can tell a difference. I may never wear a bikini again, but I'm good w/ that.

It took me years to be comfy in a bikini. Big or small I love them. I wanna be able to wear it without the over flap though. The stretch marks I can work with but that flap needs to vanish lol
  • rwcw89
    Options
    I have had 3 c sections. My latest one was a year ago. My highest non pregnancy weight was 191. I'm now 148 and the flab over the scar is still there. I wish the flabbiness would go away but I'm happy to keep the scar as a birthmark for my 3 babies.

The flab is evil lol I swear I can work with being chubby , some jiggle , even stretch marks I'm coming to terms with but I HATE overlapping skin. One of the reasons I didn't want a csection
  • mcouchlmt
    Options
    Anyone know of any good skin tightening creams? I've had one c section 2 1/2 years ago. Dieting and working out (I've got that flap too
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    rwcw89 wrote: »
    we all know and see the success mommy weight loss stories. But what about those with the csection flap that haunts us after the incision (as if stretch marks and soreness wasn't enough) . Anyone have success stories with getting rid of it? How much weight did u gain with pregnancy? How did you lose the extra skin? :-) really curious as im in week 3 and I see an awesome difference in my top by my water bed of a tummy doesn't seem to have made much progress

I don't know exactly how much weight I gained during pregnancy. I stopped keeping track at 35lbs (it wasn't much more, probably less than 45 total).
    I am almost 8 months post partum. I started at 4 months pp working out. I didn't get really strict with counting calories until around 6 months.
    Right now I am 8lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I never used to carry weight in my stomach. Even when I was bigger before pregnancy my stomach wasn't soft like it is now but it is getting better.

DAC1B80E-9B49-4C44-8D7E-C33EB7E104FD_zps1rjekeci.jpg

(I had to retake this one, lol)
    5520869F-167A-4CC5-8631-D8732A3D447C_zps0sypfzn1.jpg
  • metermaid11
    metermaid11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    System - Sorry, all my cuts are low. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

HappyNinjaStar- it has been 8 years, just about, since my last delivery. My scar is still numb feeling. I don't know if it will go away completely but it does have better feeling than years ago.

I don't know if anyone else has this trouble but I can't stand for anything to touch my scar. It might be numb but if I try to wear bikini cut panties, it aggravates me to a near meltdown, LOL. It's really weird.

I have that too! When I wear a pair that hit my incision it kills me until I can change them.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I had the vertical cut rather than bikini. Anyone else like me with a butt crack in the front? It's come up with weight loss, but still floppy.

My mother had this with me, calls it her zipper.
    It did fade a lot over time and she did nothing for it, so I think you will be great!

As for me, I section, but I've always had overhand. I'm kinda resolved to surgery :/
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I gained 45lb with my last pregnancy. It's been years and you can't even see my c-section scar anymore. I promise you, it really does fade and the loose skin goes back to how it was ( still have stretch marks though but that doesn't stop me wearing a bikini).
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies give me hope! Ive had three csections in the past 6.5 years..my youngest child is now 15 months old. Im ready to lose this section belly! The funny thing is that I seriously don't remember having it after my other two kids, I know I did, but it didn't stick out or hang quite as much as it does now. I did manage to lose a decent amount of weight with my second...but this last time, I'm sure that is the only place I gained fat!
  • rwcw89
    Options
    I gained 45lb with my last pregnancy. It's been years and you can't even see my c-section scar anymore. I promise you, it really does fade and the loose skin goes back to how it was ( still have stretch marks though but that doesn't stop me wearing a bikini).

Yay the scar I don't mind and the stretch marks are fading but it's the beer belly type over hang that I hate .
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    4 kids total (2 c-sections 10 years apart.)

563c60973703048cbcaaab3ef3beb3c9fe7e.jpg
  • rwcw89
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    4 kids total (2 c-sections 10 years apart.)

563c60973703048cbcaaab3ef3beb3c9fe7e.jpg
    Wow u look amazing!
  • rwcw89
    Options
    241nla8mwjw6.jpg
    The overhang I wish to lose. I'm on week 3 (well into week 4) of t25 alpha consuming 1450 calories or less daily
  • sharmaynet
    sharmaynet Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies,I share your pain!! After gaining 70lbs taking me to around 190lb at 5ft 1 after my 2 pregnancies, both ended in emergency c-sectio. It's safe to say I had a big over hang!! I have for the last 12 weeks been tracking on MFP religiously and doing cardiovascular and weights in the gym 4 times a week. I have lost 24lb and a lot of inches. I'm quite pleased with my results so far and can certainly see a change in my tummy. Still a way to go, but starting to feel positive this tummy will become less saggy. Fingers crossed.

12 weeks a go34xjbpx.jpg

Now
    331myaf.jpg
  • SerenityGrace
    Options
    sharmaynet wrote: »
    Hi ladies,I share your pain!! After gaining 70lbs taking me to around 190lb at 5ft 1 after my 2 pregnancies, both ended in emergency c-sectio. It's safe to say I had a big over hang!! I have for the last 12 weeks been tracking on MFP religiously and doing cardiovascular and weights in the gym 4 times a week. I have lost 24lb and a lot of inches. I'm quite pleased with my results so far and can certainly see a change in my tummy. Still a way to go, but starting to feel positive this tummy will become less saggy. Fingers crossed.

12 weeks a go34xjbpx.jpg

Now
    331myaf.jpg

Good job! That is great progress. Keep it up!

• rwcw89
    Options
    My progress the first day of t25 and mfp and then end of week 3of it so far

Bottom is what I want gone. I feel sad looking at that lower stomach. I hate 1 piece suits and I hate that stomach even more. Hoping by summer at least 15-20 lbs witll be gone. So far it's 5-8 lbs lost

hu95rp7nqvtw.jpg
    pztr19flzp16.jpg
  • erinl84
    erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've had one natural then three c sections. I still have loose wrinkly skin on my lower tummy but I feel like I've come a long way my youngest is five months old

image_3.jpg[/URL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!