Am I right or not?

Options
Is it ok I eat 1156 calories but get my other calories from carbs. I'm not starving myself the meals I ate are low calories. Carbs keep me full. Hope I don't feel hungry when I ate 1156 calories. Carbs contains 4 calories so I calculated my calories and carbs 4 x 200 (the amounts of carbs I ate) = 800
1156 calories I ate 1156+800= 1956. So I'm eating 1956 cals a day I'm I right???

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, all that is necessary, is the deficit. Eat whatever keeps you sated and motivated.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much I'm afraid if you're right... But I'm not sure you are.

Are you logging all your foods in your diary?

What is your height and weight?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    carbs contain 4 calories?

what????????

youre not making sense.

as long as you are logging accurately, MFP will tell you exactly how many calories you are eating and your macro levels (carbs included).

but as long as you are in your calorie goals and losing weight, how many carbs you are eating doesnt matter (barring any health issues)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I am very confused.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options

what????????

youre not making sense.

as long as you are logging accurately, MFP will tell you exactly how many calories you are eating and your macro levels (carbs included).

but as long as you are in your calorie goals and losing weight, how many carbs you are eating doesnt matter (barring any health issues)

a gram of carbs is 4 calories I believe, but that isn't how it works in real foods which aren't 100% carbs hence her needing a little help :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

what????????

youre not making sense.

Think she's talking about the per gram breakdown:
    Protein and carbohydrates both contain 4 calories per gram, while fat provides 9 calories per gram.
    BTW too much thinking for 5 a.m. for me.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your maths. Carbohydrates have calories the same as protein has calories and fat has calories, as does sugar and fibre and all other food types. The number of calories depends on what food it is.

Do you log all your food on MFP? When you calculate your food you take all food groups into account.

I'm not understanding the 4 X 200 part of your post. Feel free to have a look at my diary.
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much I'm afraid if you're right... But I'm not sure you are.

Are you logging all your foods in your diary?

What is your height and weight?

170 and I'm a 5'6 and I do check my mfp
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    I'm not understanding the 4 X 200 part of your post. Feel free to have a look at my diary.

Not sure about what the 200 is either. In theory you could track how many grams of fat:protein:carbs you ate in each food, then multiply grams by 9 for fats and 4 for the others, but mfp already tells you how many calories are being eating so there's no reason for you to do that!?

@samiamorisseau do you log your carb foods into the tracker? :) if you do then you shouldn't need to do this type of math! It just seems very complex x
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So...you ate 1956 calories? Unless you went over your goal, I'm not seeing the issue?
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    It may help if you open your diary so others can try to put together what you are actually eating.
  • samiamorisseau
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your maths. Carbohydrates have calories the same as protein has calories and fat has calories, as does sugar and fibre and all other food types. The number of calories depends on what food it is.

Do you log all your food on MFP? When you calculate your food you take all food groups into account.

carbs have 4 calories times 200 grams carbohydrates I'm eating

• samiamorisseau
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    It may help if you open your diary so others can try to put together what you are actually eating.
    I am always looking at my diary And putting foods in there
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1871 seems to be your maintenance, plus exercise calories so you are probably eating too much. EDIT: Too much if you're looking to lose weight.

Again, I'm not sure why you need to separately calculate your carbs! :) There's an app for that (mfp)!

Try eating about 1600 (plus you can eat half your exercise calories burned) for a few weeks and lower it by 100 again if you want for faster results if you think you can eat that little!
  • samiamorisseau
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    So...you ate 1956 calories? Unless you went over your goal, I'm not seeing the issue?

Well I'm a vegetarian plant based diets are high in carbs. So I was thinking I was getting more cals from carbs I don't eat fats
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Well I'm a vegetarian plant based diets are high in carbs. So I was thinking I was getting more cals from carbs I don't eat fats
    Eat your fats girl.

Surprisingly people with higher fats often seem to be better at diets than people eating the same calories without any fats!

CI-CO (Calories In minus Calories Out) is a fact. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain. Less than you burn? You lose.

So enjoy your fats!

PS: How did you calculate 200g of carbs? Did you get the macros or weigh the food?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Please open your diary so everyone else can see it because what you're describing isn't clear.
  • samiamorisseau
    Options
    Eat your fats girl.

Surprisingly people with higher fats often seem to be better at diets than people eating the same calories without any fats!

CI-CO (Calories In minus Calories Out) is a fact. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain. Less than you burn? You lose.

So enjoy your fats!

PS: How did you calculate 200g of carbs? Did you get the macros or weigh the food?

But I read somewhere online that eating too much saturated fats can mess up your health clogged your arteries cause heart attacks. I got so scared I threw out my olive oil
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Don't be scared! Olive oil is actually a good fat too! Too much sat fats can be harmful but we are talking about (no offense to anyone who like me has been one of these) fast food junkies and stuff like that! A little fat is good! And important!