Am I right or not?

Options

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    She won't open her diary. She will continue to say stuff worrying about carbs. This is her third confusing thread in a row. She has had other threads asking for her diary to be opened and she's never complied.

Sami, this post like all of your others is completely confusing. What do you mean "your other calories?"

Sami, from your last thread, when you posted that display from your phone page, you don't eat properly.

You need protein. You need fat.

If you REALLY want advice and aren't trolling us, open your diary for real suggestions.

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well I'm a vegetarian plant based diets are high in carbs. So I was thinking I was getting more cals from carbs I don't eat fats
    Eat your fats girl.

Surprisingly people with higher fats often seem to be better at diets than people eating the same calories without any fats!

CI-CO (Calories In minus Calories Out) is a fact. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain. Less than you burn? You lose.

So enjoy your fats!

PS: How did you calculate 200g of carbs? Did you get the macros or weigh the food?

But I read somewhere online that eating too much saturated fats can mess up your health clogged your arteries cause heart attacks. I got so scared I threw out my olive oil

I don't mean to be mean with this question, but are you a troll? what you are saying makes no sense and you don't seem to be understanding what people are saying

Olive oil is not saturated fats, it is mostly unsaturated.

Fat is healthy, it is required for healthy skin, hair, digestive tract, vitamin absorption, etc. Of the three macros, fat and protein are much more important than carbs.

So if you eat 1926 and 800 cals from carbs, where do the other 1126 come from? How much fat? how much protein?
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Trans fats are the only ones that are really bad for you, but fats in general are fine. Them and protein keep me from snacking all day long. Olive oil is wonderful. I roast veggies with it all the time. Just like anything don't use a ton of it. Salmon is great too, though if you don't eat fish there is always avocado. Omega-3's.
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    She won't open her diary. She will continue to say stuff worrying about carbs. This is her third confusing thread in a row. She has had other threads asking for her diary to be opened and she's never complied.

Sami, this post like all of your others is completely confusing. What do you mean "your other calories?"

Sami, from your last thread, when you posted that display from your phone page, you don't eat properly.

If you REALLY want advice and aren't trolling us, open your diary for real suggestions.

Calories from carbs it's contains 4 calories. I thought it would add up to the rest of the calories. Question how do I open my diary to let everyone see?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    This is way too confusing for a Friday morning.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Sami, you've asked before about opening your diary. At the top of the page... settings -> diary settings -> public.

• Feeneym20
    Feeneym20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You do not need to do the maths you are doing? It has the exact number of calories on food and weigh it to be exact . This post is confusing I'm not sure if you know what your even saying
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    As for carb calories, they don't always add up if you're trying to do the math to add your calories from your macros back together. Insoluble fiber isn't included in carbohydrate counts but not calorie counts.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Where is says Diary Sharing towards the bottom you can click "public" and save :)
    pxue9arujqzb.png
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Your diary will tell you how many calories you ate. Why do you want to try to figure it out yourself? I'm confused.
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As for carb calories, they don't always add up if you're trying to do the math to add your calories from your macros back together. Insoluble fiber isn't included in carbohydrate counts but not calorie counts.
    I finally opened my diary you can go see it now.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    You have nothing to worry about - I think you're scaring yourself when all you need to do is let mfp do the math for you trust your fats too! Nuts and oils are good fats
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you are only eating about 1200 calories, including carbs, not 1200 plus your carbs.

Now seeing this I would say you are not eating enough fat and protein. I would suggest using the carbs on MFP as a max and the fat and protein as minimums. You should also be eating most of your exercise calories back.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    So...you ate 1956 calories? Unless you went over your goal, I'm not seeing the issue?

Well I'm a vegetarian plant based diets are high in carbs. So I was thinking I was getting more cals from carbs I don't eat fats

You need to eat fat. There are many vegetarian sources of protein and many vegetarian sources of fat.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    So...you ate 1956 calories? Unless you went over your goal, I'm not seeing the issue?

Just FYI, if you don't eat enough fat your hair will start to fall out. Plus, you miss out on fat-soluble vitamins. Humans need to eat fat.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

I keep trying to make sense of this thread and all I can think of is this:

h1d362ss6lve.gif
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    [
    But I read somewhere online that eating too much saturated fats can mess up your health clogged your arteries cause heart attacks. I got so scared I threw out my olive oil
    You got scared of saturated fat so you threw out your olive oil? That seems... odd.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Start using a food scale.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat the fat and protein. Unsaturated fats are good for you, and protein is essential to retaining lean body mass. If you aren't against dairy or eggs, start adding some into your diet.