February 2015- No Alcohol Challenge

Options
I liked the January no alcohol challenge so I wanted to start a February no alcohol challenge

My story:
I love wine. I could drink a bottle a night. I get bored and drink. I eat right, exercise but I know the wine is the problem. Three years ago I stopped drinking and lost 20 lbs. I felt great. Energy, healthy, slept good etc. I maintained for over a year. Then, I had a glass of wine sitting out on the patio. One led to two. One day led to every day. Now the 20 lbs are back. It has to stop. Not only for my weight, but I feel I am starting to isolate myself from others.

Anyway, I have had enough. I want to get healthy and this does not include wine

Replies

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    January challenge worked for me. Lost 6.2 lbs. Had some red wine last night and night before so want to start again.
    Trying to gain some muscle next couple of months and alcohol tends to interfere with that so I'm in.
    Superbowl today so you might not get too many takers until tomorrow :)
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am in for February but I am not starting until the 2nd. January was tough enough but Super Bowl Sunday..I am not even going to put the pressure on myself..last month I has 2 glasses of wine all month. .remarkable for me..February 2nd forward...zero!
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    “When you quit drinking you stop waiting.”
    ― Caroline Knapp
  • rocknrollfire
    rocknrollfire Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my weakness is after-work beers! i work a stressful job so it's a nice way to unwind... but oftentimes one beer turns into two turns into many more. last week i made the decision to not drink a drop until at least the end of february and so far i'm feeling great! my skin is clear, my mind is clear, my belly isn't bloated. the best part is i never feel too crappy from drinking beer the night before to go to the gym. overall, i'm feeling really great about this!!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i'm in. I actually made it through the super bowl sans alcohol!
    add me if you'd like :)
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I'm not a big drinker to begin with, but I have enjoyed some wine at least once or twice a month since I have started.
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    One day no drinking!!! Yeah
    I wake up determined and it feels good to go to bed satisfied.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh is that Lamb Chop!?
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, your story sounds just like mine except with beer. I know I won't be able to make it all of February without drinking so...I'll challenge myself to only drink when I don't have to work the next day (Friday & Saturday pretty much) and on those days I will drink in moderation.
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options

Yes!!! It is Lamb Chop!!!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Yes!!! It is Lamb Chop!!!

I used to watch that show when I was growing up. :)
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have seen these challenges for the months that I've been logging on to MFP and I always told myself I would never join. I only drink on Fri and Sat evenings, but I tend to make up for the other 5 days and it destroys all my good work at eating right and exercising.

So for once, I think I'm going to join a challenge and be accountable to others. Well, here goes nothing!
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    I am back. Did not make my goal. Starting no wine again. I think this time I will do it. I had a physical on Wednesday and now I know what I need to do. Stop drinking!!!!

I will continue to post every wine free day