are you cold?!?!

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this; I used to be hot all the time but now that I've reduced my calorie intake I'm FREEZING ALL THE TIME!!! Has anyone else noticed this?

Replies

• jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I can't say that I'm cold ALL the time, but I am frequently. It was the worst in the beginning.
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Not due to calorie decrease but due to losing the weight I tend to be cold more often than I was.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Less insulation. You'll get used to it.
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    Yup same here.....I'm always cold now! Its weird...I don't know why either! I just thought because i became over weight that maybe I have poor circulation. I don't know!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. My hands are ALWAYS cold. Seems as though I lose weight I get colder and colder. I used to be sooo hot ALL the time and now, I'm the one wearing a sweatshirt at work when it is 75* outside.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I'm loosing all my padding :D
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS! But I have hypothyroid issues...I am constantly freezing. I wear sweaters and blankets in the house and sleep with 4 down comforters and a sweater :)
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I was cold at first, now I'm itchy. I'd rather be cold!
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    Yes, I notice it in my hands a lot. Why is that?
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am itchy too!!! lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yup, fat is a natural insulator. Just look at whales.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am still pretty warm but I do chill a lot easier and notice my hands are cold a lot or feet.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm not.. cold.. but i did go from being extremely hot all the time to just.. being normal. I'm quite happy about it actually.
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    Yeah I'm definitely suffering with you. However, I'm hoping it keeps me nice and chill during the hot summer months.

My boyfriend said its a normal side effect of calorie restriction. I think the body is trying to hold onto the calories that would normally be burned heating you up. It just means the calorie restriction is working :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I am also always colds....I lost most of my insulation. I'm wondering how I will feel when summer is here??.....maybe just right ; )
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone on this one...same here =) But if it means I'm losing weight, I can buy a hoodie to stay warm LOL
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i get complaints my hands are freeeezinggg
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am totally waaaaay colder all the time.... Isn't it strange...
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im always cold, my hands and feet. I wear socks and slippers all the time. You would think I was 90 years old.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I am itchy too!!! lol

Really!? I wonder why that is? I thought it was dry skin so I have been putting on lotion every time I feel an itch, but that's going to get expensive :wink: