Do you HAVE to do the 30 day shred everyday?

Options
Hi All

I'm interested in doing the 30 day shred but wondered if you had to do it everyday? I only ask because I do LesMills bodypump class twice a week at the gym and then do a run/crosstrainer the other 3 days for 30 minutes but thinking of doing this in the evenings as I'm thinking of reducing my runs at the gym to incorporate some weight training.

Thanks, Kel

Replies

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No, even Jillian says that the title was pretty much a marketing thing. And stresses the importance of rest days.
    In other words, you can and likely *will* see results in 30 days, but you should not do the it for 30 days with no rest at all.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think her website says 4-5 times a week - I've done it twice, doing abut 5 days a week each time, 10 total workouts per level, so it takes a little longer than 30 days but let me mix in running too and I got good results (inches lost on waist, arms, legs) both times.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I did it the first time I took 1 day off every 10...in between the different cycles.

2nd time I did it I took the weekends off.

Worked fine for me.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No, even Jillian says that the title was pretty much a marketing thing. And stresses the importance of rest days.
    In other words, you can and likely *will* see results in 30 days, but you should not do the it for 30 days with no rest at all.

This.

It's funny to hear Jillian speak frankly about the titles of her DVD's being a marketing ploy. She doesn't sugar coat it or pretend it is something that it isn't. With that being said, I've done 30 day shred and other Jillian DVD's many times. I always take 1 rest day per week, usually Sunday and on special occasions I'll even take two days off in a week. Be consistent, stick with it, you'll see results.