How long did it take to start seeing results?

Options
2»

Replies

• Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @justinee927 -- Wow. Congrats!!! Your profile pic really shows it!

I'm on day 45 and lost 18lbs so far.

I think the 4 weeks (you notice) 8 weeks (friends notice) 12 weeks (world notices) post appears to be pretty accurate.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    For me, about 10lbs, which was a bit more than 2 months. My results were my pants being too big and NEEDING 2 sizes smaller. I've lost 17lbs since December and I finally feel like I'm where i need to be. It was worth the wait...you'll see. Just need to to keep on truckin'!
  • justinee927
    justinee927 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @justinee927 -- Wow. Congrats!!! Your profile pic really shows it!

I'm on day 45 and lost 18lbs so far.

I think the 4 weeks (you notice) 8 weeks (friends notice) 12 weeks (world notices) post appears to be pretty accurate.

Yes those r so accurate and true for how it happened for me!!
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    About a month here, too. After about 8 - 9 weeks in, other people started noticing my weight loss. I wish more than anything that I would have taken some before pictures though. I'm a chronic camera ducker.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I've now lost a little over 20 pounds (5'2", started out at nearly 170) and I felt the results after ten pounds. But only a couple of friends have noticed a difference in me. But that is mainly because I'm still wearing the same clothes which are now too big on me. As soon as I can fit into my clothes which are about three sizes smaller, KAZAM! I'll bowl them over! I did the same thing when I quit smoking - didn't tell ANYONE I was doing it, and nobody noticed that I quit until six weeks later when I told them.
  • cheethnico
    cheethnico Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I took a before picture and when people started commenting on my loss I took another photo. I just couldn't see a difference looking in the mirror, after studying the 2 side by side I finally could see a slight difference
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Definitely take a before and after picture. I lost 105 pounds and could not tell much of a difference until I got brave enough to take a full body picture and post it on facebook and then look back at old pictures I was tagged in.
  • chewelvinna
    chewelvinna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    After I lost 30 pounds ( I started at 218) I started noticing my clothing getting loose. my face was no longer chubby after 20 pounds. It has taken so long to really see the changes because I am tall (5'9).
    Definitely take a before and after picture. I lost 105 pounds and could not tell much of a difference until I got brave enough to take a full body picture and post it on facebook and then look back at old pictures I was tagged in.

• Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    with me it's usually somewhere around 10% of my weight which for me can be around a month for myself to see it, but in the past it's been about.....2-3 months before others notice and by then im down about 40lbs
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This IS a great thread! I started at 241 and after losing just 3 lbs I felt that I could notice it very very slightly. But after 3 months I've only lost 5 or 6 lbs now and I'm feeling like it shouldn't take this long :( like I Should have lost 10 or 12 by now. But I like people's comments about having patience, it WILL happen no matter how slowly it is always a tiny bit better than last month was.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    This IS a great thread! I started at 241 and after losing just 3 lbs I felt that I could notice it very very slightly. But after 3 months I've only lost 5 or 6 lbs now and I'm feeling like it shouldn't take this long :( like I Should have lost 10 or 12 by now. But I like people's comments about having patience, it WILL happen no matter how slowly it is always a tiny bit better than last month was.

Some times you loose inches before the scale moves so keep going.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I rely on a tape measurer and not the scale. Weight fluctuates naturally far too much. Weigh yourself in the morning, then drink 2 cups of coffee or water, and weigh yourself again -- you've gained a pound.

I notice that I am feeling better before I start to notice visible changes. Also, about 3-4 weeks in, I get over a hump with exercising and actually look forward to it and have to convince myself to take a rest day. In the beginning I dread working out and say "why bother?" But once I get over that hump, its all good. And that's when, for me, I feel better and then start to notice the physical changes.

Also, I didn't lose for weeks because I was guestimating my portion sizes. I finally broke down and bought a food scale. Boy was I off.

• FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Vanbo2002 wrote: »
    I am 5'4 and weighed in at 222 three days ago. My problem is staying focused and not losing site of my goal. I just keep telling myself wait for the results..they will happen....one day at a time....sometimes one meal at a time is the way I'm going to approach my weight loss challenge...if i fall off the wagon tomorrow is a new day...not the end

This is a great mindset! I always try to remember a funny meme I saw, "if you dropped your phone on the ground one time, you wouldn't just say 'screw it,' pick it up, and throw across the room." One slip up isn't the end and every healthy meal is a step in the right direction.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!