are you cold?!?!

Options

Replies

• decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options
    Yes, get colder much easier. At work I will put on a light coat when going into our manufacturing facility when I take breaks or have lunch with the guys. They laugh and call me old which isn't the case however while they are pealing cloths I'm putting cloths on to stay warm.
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    I started out 26lbs heavier a year ago and im cold most of the time...even at 80' outside i still wear my sweatshirts....i thought it was just me....i am new if anyone has any suggestions or a friend request....thanks this is totally new for me
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am cold all of the time, period. Always have been- it drives my husband nuts......
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I'm feeling it and haven't even lost any :(
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I was freezing the whole time, even when it was warm out! I think I would rather be cold than hot though.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bein the proverbial fat guy, I have fans on me anywhere I go, but depending on what I wear now, I get cold. Which honestly, is an odd feeling. Like right now, I'd turn my fan off at work, but the noise it makes it what keeps me sane.

As someone else said, less insulation means you've got less to keep you warm. ;) That's a good thing. I'd say a 50/50 NSV!
  • angelquest
    angelquest Posts: 15
    Options
    I looked it up online and this is what the article said:

****Those on calorie restriction diets were found to have the lowest core temperatures, the journal Aging reports.
    Lead researcher Dr Luigi Fontana said: ‘The people doing calorie restriction had a lower average core body temperature by about 0.2c, which sounds like a modest reduction but is statistically significant and similar to the reduction we have observed in long-lived, calorie-restricted mice.
    ‘What is interesting about that is endurance athletes, who are the same age and are equally lean, don’t have similar reductions in body temperature.
    ‘We know that people on calorie restriction diets feel colder than normal people because there is a lower metabolism and lower body temperature.***

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1386117/Always-feeling-cold-You-destined-live-long-life.html#ixzz1MdIawPaE
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. I was always a "hot body" needing fans going, wearing shorts and tank tops to bed, sweating all the time (gross!). Now I'm always in fleece pj pants, a hoodie, socks and/or slippers, and wrapped up in a blanket or quilt. I sleep with 3 fleece blankets while my husband is sweating with one. All of this and my hands and feet will still feel like ice. I get chilled really fast after working out as well and have to put a hoodie on. Kind of annoying, but better than sweating all the time, IMO. :)
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for helping me feel less crazy!! My husband was insisting it was because I stopped drinking!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yep. I used to radiate heat. Now I have to keep a spare hoodie at work and have to bundle up more and use heated gear on my motorcycle. Less fat = less insulation. It's a fair enough tradeoff I guess.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I was cold at first, now I'm itchy. I'd rather be cold!

HEY! I'm itchy too! I thought it was just me!

But, I'm cold AND itchy. Blech.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it! I always seem to be warm and hate it. I feel like the fat sweaty girl :o( Hopefully by summer I won't have to dread the nice days for fear of sweat stains!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yes, I notice it in my hands a lot. Why is that?

My hands are ALWAYS cold. My boyfriend calls them my "ice cubes" because they're so dang cold. They seriously feel like it is -20* outside and I've been out in it for hours without gloves.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've always been cold, especially my hands and feet. I used to drive my [ex]husband nuts because I would put my cold feet between his legs at night to get warm, and my hands under him haha

However, you do get used to it. Since I am an electricity nazi, I never use the heat in my house. I've gotten used to my house being at 62 degrees [I have the heat set there, anything less is too cold] and I'm so used to it, I get hot if it hits 65...however people won't stay at my house because it's so cold haha

No matter how much weight I gain/lose I am freezing.
  • Chantelle160
    Chantelle160 Posts: 127
    Options
    I am also freezing all the time. I am always wearing a jacket or a sweater because of it. Sucks cause it's not extremely flattering. :tongue:
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yes cold, and itchy. I understand the cold but I'd like an answer to the itchy. It hadn't occurred to me that the itchy might be weight loss related until I read this thread.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes cold, and itchy. I understand the cold but I'd like an answer to the itchy. It hadn't occurred to me that the itchy might be weight loss related until I read this thread.

dry skin? maybe not enough water and/or fat in your diet?
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep I am always cold. I keep a small blanket to cover my legs at my desk
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I AM COLD ALL THE TIME. its ridiculous. during class, i would be freezing my *kitten* off in a sweater while everyone is hot so they open the window, which makes me more cold. ugh! its because youre losing body fat, which is a good thing (in the summer lol) :D
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold too. Drove hubby crazy during the winter when I wanted the heat turned up..lol