losing belly fat BUT I do not want loose skin

Options
Hey everyone, I need some help. So I have a bit of extra belly fat I'd like to get rid of, BUT I also have loose skin around my belly button. If I lose more belly fat will I also gain more extra skin? =( I'm so torn. I want to be healthy and in shape and I just can not afford surgery at this point in my life. I want to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Looking at my stomach makes me depressed. What can I do to lose the fat but also not gain loose skin? I know I can not just target one area to lose fat, but honestly the only spots I have too much fat is my stomach and booty. ( I need the booty!) please give me any advice. Message me if you prefer!

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Lose slowly, stay hydrated, and realize that loose skin happens. Genetics play a roll in what your skin will do, as does your age, how much and for how long it was stretched.
    As you said, you know you cannot target one area for fat loss, it will come off where it wants. Don't let the fear of loose skin keep you from losing weight!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is not the end of the world. I have loose skin on my stomach. It slowly gets better, but it will probably never go away completely.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're 23 ...you want to lose 3lbs

Have you ever been obese or pregnant?

Luck is probably on your side

.is it crepey and thin and pulls away from your body?
  • whisperfitandhappy
    whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Honestly I want to lose more than 3, but I don't know how much yet. Maybe 10-15 at the most. I am actually overweight according to BMI charts. My loose skin on my bellybutton does pull away from my body..I have a little bit of wrinkle underneath my belly button too but there seems to be mostly fat there.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Honestly I want to lose more than 3, but I don't know how much yet. Maybe 10-15 at the most. I am actually overweight according to BMI charts. My loose skin on my bellybutton does pull away from my body..I have a little bit of wrinkle underneath my belly button too but there seems to be mostly fat there.

would you rather have some more lose skin, or a flat tummy?
  • julie2407
    julie2407 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you lost a significant amount of weight previously? What you're calling loose skin may be belly flab that will disappear when you lose weight?
  • galvitron1
    galvitron1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Best way to fight off flabby loose skin is to fill up that space with muscle.
  • whisperfitandhappy
    Options
    julie2407 wrote: »
    Have you lost a significant amount of weight previously? What you're calling loose skin may be belly flab that will disappear when you lose weight?

Yes, I lost 150 pounds a few years ago, and then gained 50 back and love how 90% of my loose skin is gone. But now I'm overweight again and my stomach needs work.
  • whisperfitandhappy
    Options

I know loose skin when I see it lol. I used to have tons of it, now it's sticking around on my belly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    galvitron1 wrote: »

You, I like!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    galvitron1 wrote: »

Truth!
  • julie2407
    julie2407 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I know loose skin when I see it lol. I used to have tons of it, now it's sticking around on my belly.

Well done on the weight loss :smiley: Agree with the others re muscle building.