Starting to diet and exercise at 26

Options
Hi! I'm Ashley and I am here because I am overweight. I joined a gym Monday and have since tried to eat healthier. I want to be able to fit into clothes that are stylish and cute. I want to be able to run around with my nieces and my future children. My boyfriend joined with me and has started making healthier choices also. So hopefully we can still to this and start having more energy and tone up some

Replies

• Losing2Fast2Furious
    Losing2Fast2Furious Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • ash_to_ash89
    ash_to_ash89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 too, so I hear ya! It's great that your bf has started doing it too. It always helps to have someone to be healthy with. You can hold each other accountable. Good luck! You'll be fabulous. :smile:
  • ash_to_ash89
    Options
    I'm hoping we will be good for each other lol. We are pretty competitive people so going to the gym is great because we push and motivate each other. The tough part is the diet. I don't care for salad or most vegetables but I am trying to open up and try new things. I think this community this will help me :)
  • Ale30Nka
    Ale30Nka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!I was the same in regars to veggies, but then I started experimenting with recipes and I can tell you it is awesome. My go to sight is foodgawker.com
    Good luck on the path to newer healthier and not to mention sexier you :)
  • ash_to_ash89
    Options
    Ale30Nka wrote: »
    Hey!I was the same in regars to veggies, but then I started experimenting with recipes and I can tell you it is awesome. My go to sight is foodgawker.com
    Good luck on the path to newer healthier and not to mention sexier you :)

Thanks for the tip! I will def check that out
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    veggies - sautee them with a bit of olive oil, garnish with salt and pepper, delicious! Or just steam them (don't overdo them, soggy = not the best) and toss a bit of salt/pepper on.

Simplest cooking approach for me, and they taste really good. Eggplant, zucchini broccoli, etc. For cauliflower, I melt a bit of cheese on top and it's great. Definitely experiment more, veggies done well are amazing.

So glad that your BF is on track with eating well AND exercising with you - challenging each other is fantastic! Be sure to hydrate and TAKE REST DAYS. They're so important. I'm 26, too - feel free to friend me!
  • lemur933
    lemur933 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You're so lucky your boyfriend is taking the trip with you - I'm jealous! It's a great way to be motivated and accountable!
  • nesa61
    nesa61 Posts: 7
    Options
    The more motivation the better! It's awesome that your boyfriend is supportive, makes things easier! We can do it!
  • ash_to_ash89
    Options
    Zara11 wrote: »
    veggies - sautee them with a bit of olive oil, garnish with salt and pepper, delicious! Or just steam them (don't overdo them, soggy = not the best) and toss a bit of salt/pepper on.

Simplest cooking approach for me, and they taste really good. Eggplant, zucchini broccoli, etc. For cauliflower, I melt a bit of cheese on top and it's great. Definitely experiment more, veggies done well are amazing.

So glad that your BF is on track with eating well AND exercising with you - challenging each other is fantastic! Be sure to hydrate and TAKE REST DAYS. They're so important. I'm 26, too - feel free to friend me!

I've been afraid of rest days :-/ I guess I fear if I take a rest day I will fall back into the laziness I was stuck in before. I appreciate the tip on the veggies.
    lemur933 wrote: »
    Good luck! You're so lucky your boyfriend is taking the trip with you - I'm jealous! It's a great way to be motivated and accountable!
    nesa61 wrote: »
    The more motivation the better! It's awesome that your boyfriend is supportive, makes things easier! We can do it!

My BF and I have been through A LOT in the last 5 years. I'm thankful every day he is with me. If you guys ever need any motivation or someone to vent to just send me a message. I have a crazy schedule but I'll always find a moment (even if it's a bit later) to send a message back and if you guys live close by I'd be more than happy to workout with you! Goodnight everyone! :))