Size 24 to a size 8 in less than 9 months!

I went to Kmart and tried on a pair of jeans curious on what size I was. I fit into a size 8. I was able to get a size 6 bottoned and zipped, but I'm definitely not a 6. I was so excited and shocked to fit into a size 8. I didn't like any of the jeans they had at Kmart so went to Kohl's and tried on a few there all size 8 and brought my first pair of size 8 home since highschool.

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    that's fantastic! My goal size is a size 8, though I'm only doing it to see if I can. I'm not sure if I'll like my body then. Right now, I'm a 10-12.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Good for you!
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Congrats!
  • trenishabirtha
    trenishabirtha Posts: 1 Member
    That's is awesome :)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Awesome! Doesn't it feel great to buy clothes in the regular size section? :D
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    I love it and I can find clothes on clearance now as well. Double bonus
  • lessofkimberly
    lessofkimberly Posts: 98 Member
    Very inspiring I also started at size 24!
  • Krishhunt06
    Krishhunt06 Posts: 1 Member
    How did you lose it?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    :-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Excellent work!
  • kristenlarkin
    How did you lose it?

Low carb. I stay under 20g of carbs a day

• OhhSusannah
    OhhSusannah Posts: 14 Member
    Good for you! That's awesome! I cannot wait to buy something off the rack instead of via mail order!
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Woo hoo! Way to go!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Wow thats inspiring! Must be an awesome feeling and you should be incredibly proud! Question: did you notice that the sizes went faster towards the end of your weight loss? I ask because I started at a size 20-22, and ive lost 33lbs so far and finalllly went down to a size 18. Just hoping theyll go down a little quicker now maybe. Anyways, best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Good job, sister!!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Welcome to single digits!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
    Wonderful progress.
  • kristenlarkin
    edited April 2015
    Wow thats inspiring! Must be an awesome feeling and you should be incredibly proud! Question: did you notice that the sizes went faster towards the end of your weight loss? I ask because I started at a size 20-22, and ive lost 33lbs so far and finalllly went down to a size 18. Just hoping theyll go down a little quicker now maybe. Anyways, best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!

They go down much quicker after size 16 or 18. I actually didn't even lose much weight on the scale when I went from my size 11 pants to the size 8. Maybe 5 pounds at most. It took about 20 pounds to go down in size from the higher sizes. I really wasn't expecting to get a size 8 on at all I was just curious on how close I was when I tried them on and to my surprise they fit. So then I tried a 6 out of curiousity and they zipped and buttoned but definitely did not fit so I'm guessing within the next 10 pounds I'll be in the 6
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Good job! I can't wait until I am in a size 8 again.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member

They go down much quicker after size 16 or 18. I actually didn't even lose much weight on the scale when I went from my size 11 pants to the size 8. Maybe 5 pounds at most. It took about 20 pounds to go down in size from the higher sizes. I really wasn't expecting to get a size 8 on at all I was just curious on how close I was when I tried them on and to my surprise they fit. So then I tried a 6 out of curiousity and they zipped and buttoned but definitely did not fit so I'm guessing within the next 10 pounds I'll be in the 6
    Well that's exactly what i want to hear so thank you!!!! Enjoy your 8s! Thats wonderful!!! Youve done amazing!
  • LoriL00
    LoriL00 Posts: 1
    That is awesome! I've done low carb in the past and was successful. Just wondering did incorporate fruit at all?
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Awesome job!
  • Lucy8460
    Lucy8460 Posts: 19 Member
    Wow how wonderful. Way to go
  • kristenlarkin
    LoriL00 wrote: »
    That is awesome! I've done low carb in the past and was successful. Just wondering did incorporate fruit at all?

Once in awhile I'll eat strawberries or blueberries, but not very often. Once I get to goal weight I'll probably eat berries a little more often, but fruit is pretty high in carb and natural sugar
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    How did you lose it?

Low carb. I stay under 20g of carbs a day

Awesome job! I love how that doing low carb gets you awesome results if it's what works for you. (Me too) what plan are you following? Can we be friends?
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    I went to Kmart and tried on a pair of jeans curious on what size I was. I fit into a size 8. I was able to get a size 6 bottoned and zipped, but I'm definitely not a 6. I was so excited and shocked to fit into a size 8. I didn't like any of the jeans they had at Kmart so went to Kohl's and tried on a few there all size 8 and brought my first pair of size 8 home since highschool.

Wow congratulations!!!
  • SheilaKim1
    SheilaKim1 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Fantastic achievement well done :) I'm a size 24 and can't even imagine ever wearing a size 18!! You must be feeling so proud. Did you exercise much?
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    I was a 24 last month and now I'm a 22...I would be happy to be an 18 just so I won't be in the 20's anymore.
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Very awesome, congrats! I can't wait to have that feeling myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!