Question regarding Dr. Bernstein

Options
Hi all,
I'm going low, low carb for 30 days. I use the Dr. B. diet as a guideline - I was on the program a few years ago. One question for anyone on the program now or recently: what is the brand of bread that is "allowed" on the Dr. B diet? Many years ago, it was Hollywood, then it changed to a Dempsters brand. What is it now?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What happens after 30 days?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    After 30, I'll introduce high fibre carbs back in. This is just a kickstart. I also weight train 3 times a week.
    Dr Bernstein is a weight loss franchise
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Dr. Bernstein. Seriously, people complicate this all too much. It's calories in/calories out. Eat at a deficit and you will lose. No need to cut carbs for a "jump start" unless you have a medical condition requiring you to eat less of them.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Never heard of Dr. Bernstein. Seriously, people complicate this all too much. It's calories in/calories out. Eat at a deficit and you will lose. No need to cut carbs for a "jump start" unless you have a medical condition requiring you to eat less of them.

This x1000!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

I believe he was the tallest bear.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    It's a super-low calorie doctor supervised program run through franchises in Canada. My sister did it a while ago and lost about $700. And a bit of weight, which she regained pretty quickly.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I know many people have had very serious gallbladder issues after doing this diet. I would consider consulting a doctor before attempting this.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Bad idea

do this
    jnv7594 wrote: »

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    twosons08 wrote: »
    After 30, I'll introduce high fibre carbs back in. This is just a kickstart. I also weight train 3 times a week.
    Dr Bernstein is a weight loss franchise

Well when you introduce the carbs back you'll gain back the water weight cutting carbs got rid of. One of the reasons these low carb fads are pretty pointless.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    IDK about Bernsttein and weight training. Maybe weight training for the person who has to pick you up off the floor. Those diets go as low as 700 cal a day.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

s1xjp7vxwwgj.jpg

This guy has a diet franchise? I'd be suspicious....

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    It's a super-low calorie doctor supervised program run through franchises in Canada. My sister did it a while ago and lost about $700. And a bit of weight, which she regained pretty quickly.

Wow, what I could do with 700 bucks.... Fitbit charge HR (i'm getting mine next month 150 bucks woot woot), resistance bands, a few more track suits,, a digital scale (mine is not digital, so maybe next month that too if it fits my budget) and some yummy food for the month and may have some left over for the next month. To have that kind of money at one time to spend how I please...hmmm dreaming, dreaming, dreaming :mrgreen:

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

I do believe you are right.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You said you did it before... And now doing it again.... So.... Did it work the first time? Calories in and calories out works and is free
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

s1xjp7vxwwgj.jpg

This is what sold me on it. Two kinds of potatoes? Finally, a diet plan for me.
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

A quack "dr."
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

s1xjp7vxwwgj.jpg

That's Mr., not Dr.

Mr. is the fat bear who overeats at Thanksgiving and then goes to Dr. for diet advice.

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/formal-caution-to-dr-bernstein-over-weight-loss-advertising-stands-1.2255531

He is in hot water over unsubstantiated claims in advertising.
    All it is is a very low calorie diet that he charges big bucks for. It is not sustainable.